| eight |

Reece Winston

Reece Winston

"Why did I agree to this," is what I said as soon as we stepped into the club.

"Technically you didn't agree," he replied, looking around and surveying the environment.

"You're right," I nod, "I was forced."

I didn't know how this happened but then again I hardly knew how anything happened in my life. I was at a club for the first time ever in my life, I didn't even know this town had a club this big but I guess I didn't know a lot of things.

Greed is by my side but that isn't too much of a surprise because I wouldn't be here on my own will or even by Riley's. He's just that capable and by capable I mean he's annoying. When he came to the coffee shop a day ago he wouldn't leave me alone and even when he sat down, he kept his eyes on me.

It gave me anxiety like how almost everything does and so that's how I came to be in this club with multicolored bright lights flashing and dozens of bodies on the dance floor bumping and grinding as if they were dogs in heat.

There's a bar to the right of the large club and stages with poles to the left. I assume that the poles are for pole dancing, something I didn't want to see because people gyrating on cool silver metal isn't appealing to me.

"You look stiff as fuck," he says as he looks down at me which makes me feel shorter than I already am.

"I don't want to be here," I purse my lips.

"I didn't ask," he begins to walk toward the bar.

I frown and glare at his back as I follow him because I didn't want to stand here like an idiot. He was so hot and cold sometimes. One moment he's a flirting maniac and the next he's rude and cold. He's unreadable and he always appeared like he hated everything with his eyes harden and stoic but when he looked at me I saw his eyes crack and I'd see the shimmer in them.

It made me want to feel like I'm special or something and that he only looked like that with me but I know that I'm nothing special. He enjoyed teasing me and that was it.

We get to the bar and he sits on the stool, nodding at the bartender who nods back quickly in response and begins to prepare a drink that I assume is his. Out of place, I sit beside Greed to his right.

The bartender slides the drink down to Greed and almost instantly, he raises the glass to his lips.

"What're we even doing here?" I ask him as I look around and cringe at the loud music that pounds against my eardrums, my ears will be ringing later and I already know it.