| one |

| Reece Winston |

| Reece Winston |

"Can you not do anything right!" The girl shrieks out in irritation and I watch as her face turns red with anger.

"I'm sorry," I mutter and pick up the broken coffee cup with the contents of her drink spilling out.

It wasn't my fault but I didn't think I should say anything because this lady looked like she'd explode if I tried to go against her. So instead of speaking up, I crouched down and tried my best to pick up all the broken glass. I hiss quietly, cutting myself with the sharp glass.

I knew this would happen but I didn't think it'd hurt this much.

"Serves you right," the lady snickers, fully aware that I cut the palm of my hand, "where did this place get such worthless workers?"

I sucked my bottom lip into my mouth and frowned. I didn't really like that she was belittling my coworkers who didn't deserve her hateful spew of words. I mean, she was the one who chose to spend her time here and it wasn't even like this was the first time she's come here.

She comes to this coffee shop almost religiously and if I happen to be working she'd always point out my faults as if she was out to get me. I've learned through countless encounters that it was best to close my mouth and take her insults because that led to me leaving her faster.

It seemed to be harder today because a lot of people were here today which was weird because we didn't usually have a lot of costumers. So now there were a lot of onlookers and it made my skin crawl because I hated When attention was directed onto me.

"Ma'am, I sincerely apologize," I hear my managers voice.

She comes over to see the situation I was in and she takes the broken glass onto a tray and I see her beckoning Riley to come over and sweep up the tiny pieces of glass that you couldn't pick up by hand. Riley has her lips curled up into a snarl as she walks over with the broom and dustpan in hand and a glare towards the lady.

I look at Riley and silently beg her not to make matters worse because if you got to know Riley, you quickly got to know that she had a silver tongue. She had no filter and said whatever that was on her mind without keeping in mind consequences. She was a spitball of Fire, a volcano just waiting to erupt but a softy all the same.

"I should put on my blog that this shop is terrible," the lady spits with a vain popping onto her forehead.

"You say that shit and yet your ass comes here every fucking day," Riley mutters but she purposely made it so that the lady heard her.