She had to know he is mine

Start from the beginning

"Nicole, did you like Dylan?" I asked suddenly and honestly I was hoping that she would blush but instead she smiled. Not a normal one a big big smile, after so long.

"It was nice to have somebody listen to me. I mean he wasn't listening to reply he was listening to understand and I guess that's what made it so easy for me." She said and I loved how she had a comforting look on her face.

"I'll talk to Ayan after meeting Elliot. He is an old friend too and I don't need him to fall into all this." I said and she nodded her head.

"Can I borrow you're blue dress? Its way too hot outside and all my clothes are fully covered." I said and she gave me a very disgusted look.

"Since when do you ask about borrowing my clothes? What's mine is yours." She said and walked out of the room.

Finally I was getting my old Nicole back. I followed her back to her room and opened her closet to find a heap of clothes while she casually lay down on her bed. I somehow managed to find the blue dress and put it on.

"It's a good thing to talk to a heartbroken Veronica. They'll teach you what is the truth, how to find peace in living alone, how to finish and how to build yourself all over again." She said and I was sure she loved the conversation.

"Wow! You look hot girl." She said completely checking me out. I mean sometimes this girl just goes way over the line.

"You sure? I mean, is it too much?" I said and she shook her head quickly. Before I could respond any further my phone rang and I just rushed towards it hoping it was Ayan.

Sadly, it was Elliot.

"Hello?" I said with a rather sad tone.

"That's not how you say hello to a person who is going to treat you today." He said chuckling on the other side.

"Why would you do that? You have just arrived here. I should be the one treating you." I said while I somehow tried to put my lipstick on.

"No no. You are already removing time to show me around the city. The least I can do is treat you." He said and my struggle for applying the lipstick increased.

Luckily Nicole came in and she took the lipstick from my hand while I spoke on the phone. This is what best friends are for man.

"What time are we meeting?" I somehow said and she giggled at the awkward position that we were in.

"Let me see. How about in the next thirty seconds assuming I am standing right outside your house. If you aren't here then maybe you owe me one for making my gorgeous skin getting tanned." I laughed at this. It wasn't the first time Elliot had done something like that. He used to do it to Jake all the time.

"No way. Count till thirty." I said and rushed towards the door. Nicole was totally surprised at my sudden rush and she rushed behind me.

I reached the door and quickly opened it. I was literally running out of breath.

"And one." Elliot said as soon as I opened the door. That asshole had really been counting the whole time.

"You are just a second early." He said smirking on my attempt to catch my breath.

"Well I guess even a second matters. So, I win." I said happily like it was some real competition. He took a minute to laugh and then looked at me.

"You look ho... beautiful. You look beautiful Veronica." He said still looking at me and I couldn't help but blush. In his whole life Elliot had never complimented me. Ever.

"Thank you so much." I said still looking down. I had no idea why I was still blushing.

"Can anybody tell me what is happening? Veronica, why the hell did you run like that?" Nicole said finally catching up to me and completely out of breath. We really need to work on this girl's stamina.