You got a job?

Veronica

I never imagined that my first day at college was going to be so dramatic. I already got an apartment, a job and I guess I have people I can hangout with for the rest of the year.

I am still in college because this day is longer than it seems. It is my last lecture of the day and it was economics. I only had Daniel in my class and honestly I don't think I can have a conversation with him. Finally the bell rang and it was time for freedom.

I was very excited to go to my new apartment and start unpacking. I have been looking forward to living here since a long time. I saw Nicole and the gang waiting for me near the gate.

"Hey. Ready to go?" She asked me and I nodded my head in excitement.

"You seem very excited." Sam asked me. Really? I had moved here after a months convincing and tears.

Of course, I was excited. Everything seemed so perfect at the moment.

"Yes, I am very excited. It's nice to explore a new city after all. It's perfect. I have an apartment, a job and luckily a group of friends."

"You got a job?" Everyone looked at me with a question mark and I forgot that I hadn't told anybody about the job.

"Yes in a cafe nearby. Before coming to college I submitted a couple of resumes at certain places and luckily at the last cafe I visited, there was a very helpful girl. She helped me get the job ." I said and they all listened intently.

"We are glad you got the job." Daniel said and it was very surprising because he didn't seem very friendly.

"Let's get going I am really excited to show you our apartment." She jumped in excitement and suddenly hugged me.

What happens to this girl? It was really cute what she did but she does hug a lot. We all started walking out of the gate when a hand pulled me aside.

"Welcome to my city Miss Veronica."Ayan said huskily in my ear and it left tingles to my body. I met him just a few hours ago and he had such an effect on me. I just ran towards where the others were and gave him one last look while he was smirking.

Nicole had a jet black BMW and it looked very sexy. She seemed very rich and yet I didn't find her arrogant at all. Most of the rich people I had met were either rude or snobbish.

She seemed a very composed person and I was looking forward to get to know her more. All the way home she did the talking while I kept quiet. I was too tired to talk.

We soon reached the apartment and I don't think I should call it an apartment. It was like a mansion just a little smaller but it looked beautiful. Very beautiful. It was very well maintained. I don't think I can afford the place. It was too much for my budget.

"I know it is too much for your budget but you only have to give me what you can." Nicole suddenly said like she read my mind.

"Nicole, I cant do this. I don't think the rent I'll pay will be suffice for such a great apartment."

"Veronica, you don't have to worry about it. This is my house. My father bought it for me. Honestly, you don't have to pay rent but I know you wont live without paying. I just need a roommate." She gave me a genuine smile and I think I should agree with her.

She has already done a lot for me and I should not let her down.

"No arguments. Let me show you your room." She said and literally dragged me past the house. The house was really big from the inside too. When we finally reached my room I was happy to see how magnificent it was. White walls and huge closets to fit in everything.