You removed your T shirt?

Veronica

I dialled Nicole's number and hoped that she would pick up. My heart was beating fast and it all I wanted at the moment was talk to Nicole.

"Hey honey. How are you?" She picked up the phone and it was then that I sighed a breath of relief.

"I really need your help. I messed up." I said. She was the only one who could help me out in this.

"Honey, calm down first. What happened? Did Ayan do something?"

This girl would always think its Ayan's fault. Can it not be mine for once?

"No Nicole, its mine."

"Yours? Thats not possible." She said and I was surprised with the kind of confidence she carried in me.

"Yes it is. Today, Ayan told me to dress up and not wear something revealing-"

"No. He is a jerk. You cannot tell a girl what to wear. It's her choice and your clothes are not revealing at all. Give the phone to him." This girl cut me off before letting me complete.

"Please listen to me first. In the beginning I thought so too and that is why I was very pissed at him. Now when I got to know the reason why he said that, I don't know how to apologise."

She remained silent for a while and a tingling feeling started to build up. I know it wasn't a big deal but he must have felt bad after my cold behaviour.

"Oh. Just go and tell him how you misunderstood him and that you're sorry. I am sure he will understand."

Did she think I didn't know that? What she was asking me to do seemed easy but it was so difficult to do. I didn't have a problem in apologising but I didn't want to see his disappointed face.

"Okay. I'll do that. Thank you so much Nicole and I am sorry I couldn't talk to you much." I had literally spoken to her after so many days and I didn't want her to think that I was selfish to call her for my problems only.

"No worries. I don't want to speak to you on call. I want all the details once you are back." She said in a low tone and that it made me worried.

"Nicole, are you alright?" I may be busy on this vacation but I have to be there when my bestfriend has problems.

"Yes." Was all she replied. This is Nicole we are talking about. She never replies in one word or softly. Though she agreed, I was not convinced with her answer at all.

"Are you sure? You sound very upset."

"Yes I am sure V. I really have to go. Bye." She said and hung up. There was something going on which I didn't know about. I had a strong feeling that Nicole was upset and it scared me. I wanted to be there when she needed me.

It was no point asking her right now because she would never answer me properly. It was time to go back and talk to Ayan. This was the thing that I was dreading and now when I had to do it, it seemed more scary.

I walked towards the group of people that were sitting and I knew I had taken a lot of time because some of them had already jumped and come back as I could see wet shirts.

I spotted Ayan and he was clung to a girl whose name I think is Ashley. She had her arm in his and she said something in Ayan's ear and they both started laughing.

My stomach started getting knots and the tingling feeling returned. Jealousy. I didn't know it was something so bad until now. Jealousy makes you feel helpless and miserable at the same time. I tried my best to put on a normal face and walk towards Ayan but I think he would get it.