Fallacious (6)

Mulai dari awal

"I'm not acting nice. I'm actually glad you're here even though we're strangers. You seem cool so far." I said.
She shyly nodded and rubbed her arm.
"Thanks"

I stood up from my bed and pushed my closet door aside. "I noticed you didn't bring anything with you. So you're welcomed to everything in my closet. "

That seemed to catch her Attention. From what I could tell by her fit she has taste.

We're definitely gonna get along just fine. I hope.

"You're nothing like your sister." She chuckled and looked through my clothes.

I heard whatever was going on downstairs get louder so I locked my door real quick. I do not wanna deal with Arielle and her shit.

"Arielle can be a bitch at times. I've learned to ignore her and accept it. You'll catch on. It'll be so much better when she goes back college"

"So she doesn't live here 24/7? Thank god!" Brittany cheered and threw her arms in the air dramatically making us both laugh.

"Living in this household with mom and dad is a struggle enough as it is. Things go from 0-100 when Arielle is here but she leaves in a few days. " I explained. I pulled an extra blanket out the closet and spread it across my bed.

"I can sleep on the floor." She assured.

I went up to the slightly taller girl. She had me by an inch so we still met eye to eye. "Girl I'm not letting my sister sleep on the floor. We can share the bed and then tomorrow we'll probably talk about room situations when everything cools down."

Surprisingly she pulled me into a tight hug "Thank you... it's been a while since I've been around someone that's actually nice."

"U-Um yea! No problem!" I nervously chuckled and awkwardly patted her on the back.

"If its okay I kinda wanna get some sleep. I haven't gotten any rest since yesterday and the plane ride here was really long and tiring." She yawned and took a few steps back.

"Sure go ahead! I'll wake you up in the morning!"

The brunette sleepily nodded and took her place on the bed.

This is gonna be such a long year.

...

"Alexa, I'm gonna be late for school today. So chill out I'll still be there." I said while plucking my brows.

"I get that but why? You know I usually copy off of your homework Mani! Don't do this to me. " she begged.

I grabbed my jean jacket and fixed my turtleneck.

"I have things to do. So just be patient, I'll send you pictures of my homework in a bit." I assured and finger twisted my bangs so they'd curl back up.

"Mani, your dad wanted me to come get you. Are you ready?" Brittany asks from the opposite side of the door.

"Yea I'm coming!" I yelled. "Lexa, Ill see you later."

"Mani wait-" I hung up on her before she said anything else.

That girl talks too much. Once she gets goings it's hard to stop her.

I stepped out of the bathroom and greeted Brittany. She looked cute in my clothes. "Ready?" I asked, leading her down the stairs.

"Yea" she let out a deep breath and rubbed her hands against her jeans.

I gave her one of my new bags so she'd have something for school.

We both stepped out of the house and ignored the glares of Arielle on the way to dads car. Apparently, she and mom are gonna have a girls day.

I go out for pizza and nearly get my ass whooped.

She breaks expensive vases, attacks me and her ass gets a girls day out?!

This that shit. I'd fight both of them right now if I knew that it wouldn't result in an ass beating.

I rolled my eyes and got in the back of my dad's car with Brit.

"You girls okay? I know last night was pretty hectic. It didn't go how I expected it to. " he said.

"You should be used to that by now" I replied.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

I glared at the back of his bald, wrinkly head. "It means that you have a knack for not knowing how things are gonna "work out" with this family. You've spent every second with Arielle and don't even know how she is. I can't even get a second with you so imagine how much you know about me." I said, mumbling that last part.

"Mani, I'm sorry."

"Whatever." I murmured and crossed my arms over my chest

We had to stop at a few places before we got to school and I'm in no way complaining. I don't wanna see Ryan today. Especially not after she blamed me for what happened.

Yea it's mostly all my fault but still! She should've been more mature about it and I'm definitely not apologizing to her. She'll have to kill me before I ever do that.

"Mani, who are you talking to?" Brittany asked and lightly nudged my side. "No one. I'm just singing a song that's all." I said.

"Mani you can go straight to class and I'll take Brittany to see her counsellor."

"Dad I'm already late. Can't I just stay with you guys? Please!" I begged I was dreading the thought of having to see Ryan again.

"No, Mani go to class." He demanded.

I groaned out loud and made my way down the hall of this depressing, racist, stank ass school.

For a school that's centred in the middle of a rich neighbourhood, they sure do suck at keeping it up to par.
Why pay janitors when they don't even do their job?

The roaches clean up more than they do.

The school bell rang and students started rushing out if their classes to go on to their next classes.

I still rushed to Ryans class to meet up with Alexa, Thank god she was in there still. I'm shocked she hasn't skipped yet.

I stepped into the classroom and ignored that one person whose name I won't say.

She doesn't deserve to have her name in my mouth.

"Mani! I thought you were dead! You didn't answer my phone call!" Alexa, said dramatically. She pulled me into a tight hug and we walked towards the door

"Normani can I talk to you...for a bit?" Ryan asks, stopping us before we step out.

Fuck what now!

I told Alexa to go ahead and she gave Ryan the "I'm watching you " gesture.

"Did I do something?" I asked with caution.

Ryan locked the door and stepped up to me.

"Hey..."