Chapter 19: Killshot

A single knock was heard, and Fugaku let a smirk crossed his lips. "Come," He said, turning around as he saw Naruto walk in, dressed in grey rags and a blank Anbu mask on. 

"What is your bidding, my master?" He said, bowing down on one knee, his blank face towards the ground. 

"It seems you've learned your lesson, finally." 

Flashback 

"Itachi says that you've been acting. . .disobedient, lately." Fugaku said as he looked at Naruto, who refused to meet the Uchiha Head's eyes. 

"We have a way with dealing with those like you, don't worry, Naruto. I'll rectify that.  Kotoamatsukami." Naruto's eyes widened at the sound of that word, but was quickly restrained by Shisui and Itachi Uchiha. "Teach him where his loyalties lie." Shisui bowed his head. 

"Of course, Fugaku-sama." Naruto would know pain.

As all tools did. 

Flashback End

"Danzo and his Foundation are the only ones that stand in our way, with the Foundation, he could change the entire operation." Fugaku said as he put his hands behind his back. "You have closer ties to Danzo more than anyone else in this village, dispose of every last Root member, none shall be spared, understood?" 

"Yes, master." Naruto said, his voice no longer sounding his own, a deeper and more monotone to it than before, as if he was a completely different person. "They shall dye the ground with their blood, and my sword with bone." Fugaku smirked. 

"But, you shall have a partner though, as good grace, the Kazekage lent us his daughter to help take care of this problem we face. He would've sent his youngest son, the Jinchuuriki of the One Tails, but the boy is unstable, and would most likely release Shukaku on the village." Temari walked into the room, her eyes hardened as she looked at Naruto, a strange feeling of recognition going through her mind. 

He seemed familiar. Perhaps they met before? But the only Uchihas she had met were Naruto, who didn't even claim the Uchiha name, and Sasuke, but the boy was out training with his older brother at the moment, so who was this person before her? 

"Hokage-sama, I'm ready whenever my comrade is." Fugaku nodded, pleased. 

"Hm, you'll need a codename," He said, indicating towards Naruto. "I'll let you choose for the time being." If Naruto was shocked, he didn't show it. 

"I," He hesitated as he slowly stood up, looking at his hands. "Death." He whispered. "I wish to be called 'Death', for this mission, master." Fugaku wanted to laugh, but refrained from doing so, nodding towards the boy, who had just turned 13 years old that day. 

"Very well, 'Death', you and Temari are to infiltrate the East entrance of the Foundation base, and wipe them off the map." Death and Temari nodded, before disappearing in a shushin. 

"Is this the right decision, Fugaku-kun?" Mikoto asked her husband as she appeared in the doorway. Fugaku nodded. 

"Yes, Naruto is the only one who can carry out that mission, Temari is just to blame the Sand for the death of Danzo." Mikoto frowned. 

"You know best, husband." 

"Do I know you?" Temari asked as they walked towards the hidden door that would lead into the Root base. "I feel like I've seen you before." Death didn't bother to answer her question, not finding any purpose.