Window Buddies are Back

I looked at Minghao's plain face as he stared at me waiting for me to answer his question. I wanted to give him an answer, I wanted to tell him why I did it but, I didn't know the full answer myself. Maybe it was a spur of the moment kind of thing, that's why I did it I honestly can't say.

I kept my head down not answering his question, avoiding all eye contact as possible.

He sighed and tapped on my shoulder but, I didn't look up, I couldn't bring myself to do so. When I didn't budge from my spot he started to talk to me slowly in a hushed voice anyways, "Jun if you really don't want to think much about it then nod your head." I nodded "Ok then, let's just forget that any of this had happened." He answered

I felt the weight lift off my bed and heard him walking out the room closing the doors behind him. I was now left in the room by myself now and that silent atmosphere was driving me crazy. I was left alone in my thoughts and that is never a good thing for me.

"Minghao is getting ready to leave you." One of my voices said to me

"No, he isn't he wouldn't do such a thing." I argued back to myself

"He did it with Han, so why wouldn't he do that to you too." I covered my ears not listening to the ideas my own mind was giving me.

"No, stop that. I will not think that." All the thoughts running through my head asking me what Minghao was doing right now.

I touched my lips, Minghao's were very soft and warm and now I was thinking all about that kiss.

"Jun, what did that kiss really mean to you." My face got red thinking back at the contact.

"I don't know. It doesn't matter though, we both agreed to forget it ever happened right." I nodded to myself, trying to forget everything, what good would it do to keep in my mind all the time.

"But do you want it to be forgotten?" I didn't want to.

"Jun stop." And the longer I think about it the more I feel my heart beating faster and my cheeks getting hotter. I needed to calm myself down, and my mind isn't doing me any good.

To calm myself off I ran out of the room and made my way into the kitchen.

While I was walking towards the kitchen though, I saw Minghao was relaxing in the living room looking out the window. I sighed, relieved that he wasn't rushing to leave me that he was still going to stick with me.

I continued to look at him as he just sat there looking out the window, it honestly reminded me of the old days when we used to be window buddies. "Remember when we used to be window buddies."

I turned his way in surprise, but then relaxed and said, "Huh...oh yeah, that seems like it was a long time ago now."

"Yeah I can't believe one month has passed since then. Time sure fly's really fast." I said nostalgically.

"It sure has hasn't it." I walked into the kitchen and pulled out some ingredients to make a quick snack for both of us.

While I was making sweet Nian Gao (brown sugar cake wrapped in a pastry and deep fried) an idea suddenly came up to my mind. I left the kitchen while the Nian Gao was frying and passed a weirded out Minghao and into my room. I grabbed two notepads and smiled to myself thinking how smart I am. I left the room and stood in front of Minghao with a huge smile.

"Jun what are yu-----" I shhhed him and threw him the notepad and a marker at him

At first, he was clueless about what I was trying to get at but once I showed him what I had written on my notepad he unexpectedly started to smile. "Just like old times right, window buddy." It had said in my paper.

He started to write too, "We aren't window buddies anymore Jun."

"Come on at least go with it." I showed him as I pouted

"That isn't what I meant." he wrote

"Then what." I wrote and added a confusing picture

"Instead of being window buddies aren't we now roommates." He wrote down and when I looked up at his face it was turning a small shade of pink.

When Minghao had said this it made my little heart beat out of my chest. When Minghao realized how I was taking what he had said, his face quickly turned bright red as he fiercely waved his hands in denial at me.

I laughed and turned the notepad and started to write, "Minghao the Nian Gao are ready come to the counter and we can eat it." I smiled at him

"Oh, I will be right there." He wrote as he set the notepad down and got up from the couch and washed his hands.

I walked into the kitchen but, my heart still didn't calm down, why was that? Did I think of Minghao in some other way? No, I'm just glad we can still be normal with each other, and that he isn't ignoring me. That is all it is, nothing special to them.