Han Why are You Doing This?

Han ran up to the group as they were ganging up on me after I left school grounds. He went head first and started to fight them off but, they ended up overpowering him with their numbers.

His attempt didn't work at all, and what I was worried that would happen happened. All their focus went from me to Han, slowly walking up to him and surrounding him looking him up and down.

The leader of the group nodded and everyone started to beat him up as they had done to me. Tears came streaming down as all I could do was yell out for them to stop, but of course, they didn't. What made me even sadder is that Han never gave up fighting back, he didn't let them get a hit in that easily, but that just made them more motivated to get him to stop struggling.

They left him on the floor laughing and high fiving each other just like they had done to me. Before they left though, they made sure that Han knew that he had made the biggest mistake in his life and that he was going to regret getting himself involved with them.

Once they disappeared leaving both of us alone on the floor, I tried my very best to crawl my way towards Han. It took me longer than I expected, but once I reached him I started to cry even more. "Han, why did you do that? Why go through all this pain?" I said while crying, tears falling all over his face.

He smiled at me, "Because you have been through the same thing way too long now." He tried to defend himself. He raised his hand to wipe my tears away but I took hold of his hand before he can do so.

"So what, I have built an endurance for it, right now I am not in pain" I yelled to him as his smile dropped.

"Minghao look at yourself, there is no use in lying to me right now," Han said seriously.

Struggling to get up, Han sat up and pulled out his phone and shoved it up into my face. He had it on camera. I looked into it, my eye was half closed and purple, my lips were cut, my hair was everywhere and not to mention I was shaking.

I wanted to ignore what I saw and tell Han that I was still fine that I didn't need help but, he placed his hand on my shoulder and smirked, "It's ok Minghao, you don't have to be alone." That moment, what he had said to me made me cry even more than I already was. I didn't want Han to get involved but, why must he force his way into my life all the time.

The day following that, the bullies paid me no mind as I walked through the halls. I wondered what has gotten into them, they are acting as if I don't exist anymore. And to be honest I was happy about that, no not just happy, static about the fact they finally gave up on me. They weren't bothering me anymore, Han helping actually worked.

I needed to tell him.

When I got to my classroom I looked into it too see if Han has already arrived. The seat he always sat in was occupied so, with a huge smile starting to come across my face I ran up to him. "Han, Han you fighting them actually helped, they aren't targeting me anymore."

I looked up to face Han but, he didn't look ok. His face was covered in bruises just like mine usually were. "Han, what happened to your face?" I asked him reaching out to touch his face.

He brushed my hand away and laughed sourly "Oh nothing, I just fell down the stairs." he simply said "I'm glad they aren't bothering you anymore."

"Oh......yeah...thanks," I said. But I knew all too well he was lying about what happened. The feeling in my stomach was killing me, something about his injuries made me uncomfortable. It can't be..... I really hope it isn't the thing that I am thinking of.

~~~~~~

Everyday Han's face got worst and worst but, he refused to tell me the truth behind all the new injuries all over his body. He would always make excuses into "what had happened". I already knew how he was, he doesn't like telling the truth when it isn't that important or at least when he deems it not important. I have known him for way too long to not notice these patterns for his.

I was actually getting fed up with all of the excuses. So, I decided to follow him home to see what is really going on, and I really hope it isn't what I think it is. I know deep down that I wished that his excuses were legit and not just excuses.

The school bell rang and Han quickly excused himself saying he was going somewhere else and he couldn't walk with me today. I smiled and just said ok. He hurriedly got his bag and left the classroom, I then rushed after him leaving the classroom following his tail.

Right before he left the school my old bullies stood in front of him and pointed to the back of the school. Han nodded and followed them. And what I saw made my heartbreak, they were one by one punching him until Han fell to the ground motionless.