What should I cook?

After we got out of the housing store we went to go shopping for more accessories and shoes we needed. And surprisingly Minghao was very pleased with coming to the last store I decided to chose. This store had an overall theme of rock bands and other fan basted stuff, but that wasn't the only thing it had. This store was well known for its flashy but fashionable cool and chic accessories.

I got a clip that had a chain hanging from it that you are supposed to hang from your pants and some really flashy chokers. Minghao, on the other hand, was looking at the ripped jeans and dangling earrings.

Every time my eyes landed on him I couldn't help but sigh at how his taste just naturally fits him so perfectly. At least he was actually enjoying his time shopping now, I need an award for this outstanding achievement. I got Minghao to like shopping.

We got the stuff, not to mention I added two pairs of boots to my basket that went well with the outfits I had bought and we left the mall. Once we had exited the mall we waited at the bus stop and took the bus back towards our apartment building. We got off the bus a few stops earlier so, we can get to the grocery store, but it was dark out so we had to hurry.

"Hurry up Minghao we are going to be kicked out since they are going to be closing soon," I whined looking behind me at the steady pace Minghao was walking, no rush at all, no sense of urgency.

"I am not the type of person to rush so, you can go ahead of me and get the ingredient yourself." Minghao waved off to me.

"No, we have to go together. Without you it's meaningless." I said and stopped walking waiting for Minghao to catch up.

"Why does it feel like we are on some deadly mission?" Minghao questioned once he finally caught up to me.

"I don't know, maybe because it is fun to do so." I smiled and grabbed his hand to pull him towards the brightly lit store.

We walked up to the door as it slides open inviting us into the cold building. There seemed to be no one to tell us that we can't shop so I rushed and got a cart and worked my way to the starting point of my hunt. I immediately sped my way and went straight for the fruits and vegetables, while Minghao turned and went to the opposite side of the store to the artificial stuff.

Yuck. I hate those, I can't understand how people can even intake that.

I got the plastic bags and stuffed them with tons of fruits ranging from oranges to star fruit. I made sure that the fruits were nice and almost ripe, but not too ripe so I can let them sit in the kitchen longer. I checked them all to make sure they were the right size, had the right texture and shape. They must be perfect. You can't make a good dish without having good ingredients.

I then got even more bags and fulled those with vegetables. All the ideas in what I could make kept coming in my mind as I continued to add stuff to the cart. I could make hot and sour soup and maybe stir-fried tofu and rice with my special sauce. I am just getting hungry with all the possibilities.

Next, I am getting stuff like bread, spices, and other things I can't live without (rice). After I was done with all that I looked around the store for Minghao. And guess where he was at.

He was in the most toxic aisle in the whole place.

The snack section.

"Hey Minghao what are you doing in such a terrible area." I said to him as I walked closer to him, walking passed the bright packages of pure poison.

"What do you mean, I was just going to get a few chips and snacks for the house." Minghao said as he dumped all the stuff he had collected into the cart. I couldn't help myself but look at the death food in disgust.

Like how can people eat blueberry flavored chips, mine as well just eat normal blueberries there better and healthier? People nowadays, trying to be so creative with flavors to stand out. It makes me sick. Blah.

"Yeah, that's what I was saying these stuff will just rot you from the inside." I said picking up one of his snacks and showing him the ingredients it took to make it.

"Jun, I am pretty sure you are the weirdest one here, how can you eat so many healthy things without going crazy in the head." Minghao said pointing at his head as he walked out of the snack aisle.

I laughed as he turned to look at me confused, "Yeah, you can tell me that when you hit the age of 50 and look like some fat unhealthy grandpa and I am here looking like I am still in my 20's." I said with a smirk to him.

"Ok, just tell me if you enjoy life or not once that time comes," Minghao said and walked ahead of me. I pouted.

I couldn't really say anything else, but I still enjoy my foods they are delicious and good for the body and mind. If it is good for your well being then it will make you enjoy life to your fullest. That is what I believe at least.

I started to wait in line, which was still surprisingly long to check out the foods. All these people must have needed to do some last-minute shopping. I didn't pay much attention to them though, just starring at the emo boy's back as he waited in line with me so we can pay for the food.

We walked back home and started to unpack everything we had bought for the day.

"Minghao I am going to cook us a meal. I will try my very best to make it to your liking." I said with a smile as I took out everything I needed for the recipe I figured out in my head.

"Ok good luck though. I am a tough judge." Minghao said.