What Are These Feelings?

We were now walking home back from an amazing celebration, but I was getting really worried. Every time I looked behind me, I saw Minghao tilting one way and then another. He looked down at the ground in a pout as he continued to walk crookedly. I had my share of the fun seeing him in this state or at least that was the case until we had to cross a busy crossing.

"Do you need help Minghao?" I asked him as I made sure he was sticking to the crossing area, so he won't start walking into cars. I reached out for his hands and grabbed it. What he did after that surprised me though.

He tightly latched onto my arm like a cat that had touched water. I couldn't ask him at that very moment why he was doing this so, I hurriedly got us at least out of the road and stopped in the middle of the sidewalk and looked down at the boy hanging on my arm.

"Um, Minghao are you ok?" I said not knowing what else to say. I already knew that he wasn't the least bit sober, so I don't know exactly how seriously I need to be with him.

Minghao looked up at me and the way his hair covered his face and how the street lights made his small area of visible skin seem paler. His eyes were covered so I couldn't see his full face, only his small nose, and thin lips were visible with the black bangs.

"Jun why are you nice to little oh me." He said in a cute voice. I was enjoying this more and more, Minghao being drunk is so cute and unpredictable.

I smirked down at him trying my best to keep in my laugh, "Why are you talking like that?" I asked him amused.

"I am talking normally. If anything you are weird, you are spinning all over the place. Why can't you just standstill." He said with a bunch of other drunk stuff.

"Minghao you are not yourself right now. Come on let's hurry up home." I said trying to make him walk, but he stood his ground not wanting to move.

"You don't like when I talk like this?" Minghao said as I looked down at his pouting lips and his bangs falling from his face revealing big glossy puppy dog eyes. My heart just started beating loudly.

"I honestly don't mind it, but can we continue walking or at least stop and sit in that park up ahead." I said feeling really tired for supporting the boy for a long time.

He didn't answer my question. Instead he stopped listening to me and pulled my arm closer to his chest and held an iron grip on it. He made it seem like it was his lifeline, like if he let go of it then he will never be able to stay alive.

I didn't mind all too much about the attachment he was giving me. His grip kept getting tighter and tighter each step I took to get back home, I felt like he was trying to rip off my arm and use it as a body pillow or something. He was also making it a challenge to walk, I am nowhere near strong enough to carry him all the way back home.

"Minghao let go of me!!!" I whined to him trying to shove him away. "It is too hard for me to walk."

He quickly looked back up at my face and said, "So you can touch me all you want and I can't?"

I felt my face get hotter, possibly even red. I then thought of what that waitress had said to me earlier, why was I even thinking about that. Of course, me and Minghao aren't dating and we would never. Not like I would want to or anything, yeah I like Minghao and everything but just not in that way.

"No Minghao you got it wrong, it isn't like that. You can touch me but um....I don't know. You know um.... not touch me like that or anything like hugs and stuff is ok and all but." I kept getting stuck with my word choices. Minghao, on the other hand, was clueless and looked super confused with me being flustered. I am actually lucky that he is drunk and not in the right mindset, he would have defiantly figured out what I was thinking.

"You know Jun...." Minghao started saying seriously out of nowhere, my heart felt like it was going to jump out of my chest. He can't be that observant about me when he is drunk, he can't be.

I averted my eyes to wonder on the cars that quickly pass us, "What" I said nervously.

"I find you interesting too, and to be honest I thought you were faking being nice to me." Minghao said and I took a breather in relief.

"Good you didn't figure out" I said in a whisper out loud accidentally.

"What did you say? I didn't hear." Minghao said

I laughed nervously waving my hands in his face, "Oh nothing, but Minghao how could I ever fake my interactions," I said trying to quickly take the accidental attention from me back to Minghao.

"Yeah I understand that now." Minghao said to me as he brought his head closer to my chest. I was suddenly becoming self couscous about if he could hear my heartbeat.

At that moment I was forced to just stop walking. I just wanted to get Minghao into bed. Not in that way though, he just needs to sleep ok, I am not some dirty person so calm down.

I looked down at the emo boy leaning up against my chest wondering what he was doing, he was silent. Then I started to hear slight sniffles coming from him, I recognized those sniffles from anywhere.

"Minghao are you crying?" I said as I put my hand on top of his head and pat it.

"Yes I am." He said but still not picking up his head.

"Why?" I questioned.

He gripped onto my shirt, "Cause I never knew you would actually like me as a friend. I thought I would be forever alone." He said

"Of course you wouldn't Minghao," I said to him

He got up off my chest and looked me right in the eyes, only inches apart from my face. He smiled brightly, the brightest I have ever seen him smile and said, "Thank you, but I feel like the world is slowly falling down--"

At that moment Minghao's eyes closed and his body started to lower closer to the ground. I quickly grabbed him before he hit the ground. "Minghao are you ok?"

He had fallen asleep. I brushed the hair that was on his face behind his ear and smiled at the sleeping boy.

I heard some whispers from behind me and I looked towards the noise and saw a couple was walking past us. I looked down at the sleeping figure in my arms and back at them as I nervously smiled at them and put Minghao on my back so I could get both of us back home.

As I was walking away, all that I could think about was, "What if they thought I liked him? I can't possibly like this emo boy. Can I?"