T-Rex: What are you doing tonight?

       Dreaming about you.

        Though I obviously didn't send that.

       I rolled onto my stomach, the phone clutched tightly in front of my face-a beyond excited, starry-eyed, smile straining my lips. Not being able to see Jax completely forgotten, every single one of my thoughts went back to the boy they had been revolving around entirely for the past two weeks.

       When we got back to Trey's house after pumpkin picking, we spent the rest of the afternoon carving and eating all the food Trey's mom had brought out for us. Her name was Maggie and she was the sweetest woman I had ever met.

       Her face had lit up when she saw me, and ignoring the grumbling from Rex, had gushed about how happy she was the boys finally brought me over. I had blushed like an idiot when I found out they actually talked about me-to one of their moms nonetheless.

       It had been the most fun I had had in as long as I could remember. More fun than when Jax and I would sneak out to go to the movies! I even got Rex to help pull all that icky gooey stuff out of the pumpkin for me! The other boys seemed rather surprised when they walked into Trey's kitchen and found Rex elbow deep inside a giant pumpkin. Apparently, they've never seen him do anything remotely related to that kind of fun before.

       I found that pretty funny.

       It was Friday now and besides school, I hadn't' seen much of any of them. Was it possible to have Rex Turner withdrawals?

       Oh yes, definitely.

       Me: Nothing important 😊

       Good, Rose, good. Cool, calm, and collected. Don't let him know how much a text from him makes your heart skyrocket. Work on hiding your blush too!

       T-Rex: Good. You're coming out with us.

       I had to purse my lips together to keep them from pulling into that ridiculous smile again as I gently brushed my thumb over the nick-name I had given him barely a week ago, though it seemed like ages have pass since then.

       Me: I don't get an option?

        Oh my God, where had that come from! I was teasing him, now? The second I hit send my face paled and my heart dropped to my stomach. What if he thought I didn't want to go now? Would he uninvite me?

       Just great, Rosalyn. Look what you did, now he's never going to want to hang out with you again-

       T-Rex: Not a chance, Sweetheart. I'll come get you in ten minutes.

       I didn't bother trying to stop the pent-up air that had clogged in my chest as I waited for his reply, and I practically felt my body deflating against the floor as I exhaled.

       Me: Okie dokie

       I jumped up as fast as I could, stars dancing across my vision as the room spun, but I didn't care. I tossed my phone on the bed and went hurrying to get ready. I sighed down at my comfy pajamas. I couldn't really go out in these no matter how much I wanted to.

       Ten minutes later I was trying to pretend like I wasn't waiting at my door, staring out at the middle of the street like a little kid in the car on the way to Disney Land. But then Rex's car pulled to a stop in front of house and I was shooting out the front door like a bullet. I didn't even tell dad or Luce that I was leaving.