Special: Surprised pt. 1

[A/N]

Hey there! This is a special chapter that I thought would be fun to make! If you don't like ships between the members, I fully understand. This is just meant to be a little chapter of fun, so read if you would like or wait for the next update! This won't change anything major in the plot, so feel free to skip over. Enjoy!

-

Jungkook's POV

Helping his Noona and her boyfriend into the safety of the hotel room he had rented with the help of Taehyung, he laughs halfheartedly when watching the two of them stumble in. Y/N mumbles a 'thanks,' before she closes the door behind them. With Hoseok and Yoongi in their room as well, Jungkook pulls out two more keys for he and Taehyung's rooms.

After considering how late it had gotten, how far away they were from the beach house, and the state of both the couple after hours at the bar, Jungkook decided it would be easier to stay at the hotel that was just across the street for tonight.

Sighing momentarily while leaning against the door, Jungkook thanks the taller boy, his politeness always getting the better of him. "Thanks for helping out tonight," he says lightly. "I'm glad she was happy."

They haven't talked to each other one on one like this in what seems like months. After their few encounters at school, they just haven't seen each other since.

"Do you like her?" Taehyung asks beside him suddenly, still staring at the closed door.

Growing silent, Jungkook fidgets with his fingers. "I-I uh..."

"Sorry, that was rude of me." The brown haired boy apologizes, finally turning to face him. "I haven't seen you around for a while."

"Yeah," the barista responds gently in agreement.

Jungkook watches as the seemingly older male scratches the back of his head with a... a smirk? The maknae observes, surprised. The thinner boy grazes his eyes, starting at Jungkook's face, then traveling all the way down his body.

Jungkook blushes suddenly. Did he just check me out?... and for the second time today?

Thinking back on the rest of the night with the man, Jungkook realizes all that suggestive glances Taehyung had given him throughout the night when he wasn't off by himself. Even back at the house when he was getting dressed. He didn't believe it meant anything.

Letting out a nervous chuckle, the younger boy begins to walk down the hallway. "I think our rooms are on the next floor up."

"Cool," Taehyung says casually while walking with him. "How long have you known Y/N?"

"Almost a year, I guess," Jungkook says shyly. "What about you?"

Pursing his lips, Taehyung puts on a thinking-face. "Just a little less than a year, I suppose."

"I see," Jungkook pipes lightly.

"She's cute, right?" Taehyung spews.

Clearing his throat harshly, Jungkook let's out a shy breath. "N-Noona has a boyfriend."

"Now she does. What about when she didn't, did you like her then?" Taehyung pries, surprising the boy he's barely had a proper conversation with all night, let alone the other times they've talked.

"I-I've always just been friends with her," Jungkook stutters, not used to the awkward situation. "I'm happy for her."

"Ah, are you perhaps... not into girls?" Taehyung lets out lowly as they turn a corner on the otherwise empty hotel floor.

Jungkook feels his face heat up at the remark. Why the heck am I blushing? Jungkook asks himself, praying that he could just go to bed without anymore questions from the older boy.

"That's n-not it," he defends sheepishly as they near the elevator that will take them to the next floor.

It's silent as the door suddenly dings, the metal doors splitting open. Gulping nervously when stepping into the closed area, Jungkook stands near the back corner of the small room, Taehyung busy closing the doors by pressing the button.

Turning around, Taehyung leans against the rail that lines the box-like room, staring at Jungkook. "What do you like then?" Taehyung asks, continuing the conversation Jungkook had hoped was over.

"Why are you asking me these things?" Jungkook says as politely as he can, wanting to curl up into a ball under Taehyung's heavy stare.

Moving his lengthy figure up from its slumped position, Taehyung walks over to the strawberry blonde-haired boy, standing dangerously close.

"Okay, I'll start then," he says lowly. "I like what I like."

Glancing down at the maknae's slumped body, Taehyung takes in his white T-shirt, the way the veins in his arms pop from gripping his hands into fists out of nervousness, and of course his tight-fitting jeans.

"Your turn," he pops. "What's your type?"

"I-I don't know," Jungkook shakes. He knows he's not gay, but why is he reacting this way? So why doesn't he just say that? A sudden heat rushes over him, leaving him confused and dazed.

Putting his arm up on the wall behind Jungkook, Taehyung bites his bottom lip with a cocked eyebrow. "You sure about that?"

Ding!

The same ring resounds as earlier, signaling the opening doors.

With his arm still against the wall, bodies close, Taehyung reaches down to hook his finger through one of the key rings Jungkook holds onto.

"Goodnight," Taehyung breathes, sending a wink to the gulping younger.

He pushes off the wall his arm was resting on, giving Jungkook room to breathe. Then, turning around with a quick wave of his hand, he walks out of the elevator, leaving Jungkook a confused mess.

What the hell just happened?

[A/N]

Surprise! I actually wrote about an actual ship for once, wow. I hope you enjoyed and I will update soon, my beautiful Ramies.

Please rest well now.

- Ichiranramen <3