Chapter 10 - Friendly Reunion

Start from the beginning

While moving around with my wheelchair, some familiar faces caught my eye.

It's them, my team, but I didn't see Katsuki with them, Aya got into house arrest after that incident and there are three faces which I still haven't met.

Suna was the first one who noticed me and then ran towards me. I widened my eyes and attempted to turn away but it was too late.

"Miko-san, it's so nice to see you here! How are you feeling?"

"H-Hey Suna-chan. I'm feeling better day by day. How are you? How's the team?"

After asking my question, the others walked towards me and started to surround me.

"Miko-san, we miss you!" Sora grinned. Afterwards, he took a trophy from Itsuki and showed it to me. "Look, look!"

It has the "first place" marked in it. My face brightens up and smiled at them.

"Woah! Congratulations guys! Your ex-co-captain is so proud!" I gave them a thumbs up and they giggled.

"Of course, this is because of Itsuki-kun's leadership." Hina, the other girl in the team, gave Itsuki a pat in the back.

I turned to Itsuki and smiled. "Awesome! You're now the captain! Nice!" But then my smiling face turned into a curious one when I asked "But what happened to your older brother, Itsuki? Did he quit?"

Itsuki sighed and knelt down to my level. "After you left, he started to not feel his soccer spirit. And when he found out about what Aya did to you, it became worst. And then... our team got into a series of losses and Katsuki blames himself. So he quit. I don't know where he is right now because he suddenly just left. As his younger bro, I just hope that he's fine."

"Bad luck, huh? He must have thought that if I leave, then it will be hopeless. I think he doesn't trust you guys. But I'm glad that you're proving him wrong. Keep it up, Itsuki, you can do it!" I patted his back which made him smile.

"Thanks co-cap, I need that...and oh! Let me introduce to you the newly recruits!" He stood up and brought to me two boys and one girl.

First, he points to the boy with pastel blond hair.

"This is Stefan Takada, the halfie who took your position as the striking midfield

"This is Stefan Takada, the halfie who took your position as the striking midfield. He recently moved here from Germany. Say hi to him!"

I smiled at him and started to speak in German "Guten Tag, Stefan. Schön dich zu treffen! Ich bin Mikoto Asahina. (Good day, Stefan. Nice meeting you! I'm Mikoto Asahina) "

He was surprised because I was able to speak his language, but then his surprised face turned into a smile. "Schön, Sie kennenzulernen, Mikoto. Ich bin überrascht, dass Sie Deutsch sprechen können.(Nice meeting you too, Mikoto. I am surprised that you can speak German.)"

I stopped speaking in German and went back to Japanese. "I studied that language with my brother, aside from German, I can also speak Korean, Chinese, French and English."