Chapter 9.

[Thursday, 23

[Thursday, 23.58 p.m, Heaven Nightclub.]

The music made people crazy, boiling of heat, hormones, alcohol and what Louis most certainly knew was substances a lot stronger than that. They were seated in a separate part of the club, still with full view over the packed dance floor.

Louis sucked on his straw as he leaned over the table, "No way!" he put the glass down, "So this is the club where Freddie Mercury met Jim? The Jim? His Jim?"

"Yes, I know, crazy right?" Sarah laughed at Louis surprised face, "Anyone up for a smoke?" she asked and gave Louis and Liam a look. Liam nodded and got up from beside Louis, who eyed Harry over the table. It felt wrong leaving him all alone, now that he knew how much he hated when his friends smoked.

"I'll stay I think," Louis told them and they left with a nod. Harry tilted his head to the side, looking at Louis with curious eyes.

"No smoking today?" he asked with a crooked smirk over his lips, his ring clad fingers enclosed around a glass of Gin & Tonic, his fourth since they got here if Louis had counted correctly.

"Not today," Louis shook his head and straightened his posture against the soft backrest of the couch. He longed for a cigarette, so much he could see the twitches in his fingers, hopefully, Harry wouldn't.

"How come?" Harry said, biting on his straw between his front teeth. Louis didn't know how to answer that. He wasn't even sure why he was here in the first place or was he?

"I'd rather sit here with you, to be honest." Harry's face lit up in genuine surprise, and Louis felt surprised by the answer himself.

"I'm flattered," Harry winked at him and Louis had to clear his throat. Was Harry flirting with him? Or did he read to much into it? He was quite intoxicated, and he got the feeling that drunk Harry was a lot more flirtatious than sober Harry.

"Can I ask you something personal?" Louis said, sucking on his lower lip.

"Go ahead," Harry gestured with his hand over the table.

"I know I'm probably not supposed to, I'm your co-worker, after all, but-,"

Harry gave out a snort, "Screw that!" he called out, "We work in the theatre, and do you know how many fucked up things that happen between co-workers in the theatre?"

Louis was certain he didn't want to know what fucked up things Harry was referring to, but he was right in a way. There weren't many other branches were colleagues went out to one of London's most popular gay-clubs on a Thursday night.

"What's the deal with you and Zayn?" he asked after a short consideration, it may be against his work ethics, but he wasn't here in work right now, was he? He was here as a friend or something like that.

"Oh, wow," Harry laughed bitterly, "Where do I start?"

"I got the feeling you're not a big fan of his girl?" Louis asked to give him an end, to begin with, and Harry took the bate right away.