Chapter 8.

~
In honour of Harry's birthday, here's another chapter. Happy birthday beautiful.

~

~

[Thursday, 21.09 p.m, 42b Dulwich Road, Herne Hill., Brixton]

Louis parked the car right outside the apartment. Looked up at the bright blue door, swallowed hard and breathed in and out before he picked up his phone to call Harry.

"Outside?"

"Yes."

"I'll be down in a second," Harry hung up and he unbuckled his seatbelt. There was no turning back now. The phone buzzed in his lap.

Text message from Danielle:
21:10

Going out? Out where? A pub? Are you sure that's a good idea?

Text message to Danielle:
21.11
I'm confident. Don't worry. I'll call you tomorrow. Xx

There was a knock on the car window and outside stood a smiling Harry, waving at him to jump outside the car. He locked the phone, grabbed the car keys and stepped outside.

"Hi," Harry greeted him as Louis walked up beside him, "I'm glad you changed your mind!"

"How come? I have to warn you, it's been a while since I went clubbing." Louis asked as they walked up the stairs to the blue door.

"Well, for starters we all think you're a blast and secondly I didn't thank you enough for yesterday. It really helped to get out somewhere else, trying new things. And the dinner was lovely," he said, walking up the second stair and stopped at the first door, "And don't worry about the clubbing, I'll take care of you."

Blood trailed up his cheeks as he looked at Harry's smirking face. It was obvious he was a couple of drinks in, but it suited him. This confidence, the colour on his cheeks and the non-existent filter between his mind and mouth. Not to mention his clothes, the loose fit half-unbuttoned white shirt, together with a pair of high waisted loose black trousers. Louis surely felt underdressed.

"Come in," Harry stepped inside a small hallway, Louis following close behind. He caught the glimpse of four different doorways behind Harry. Music and shatter streamed out from the doorway closest to the front door, he believed it to be the living room, "I can leave your jacket in my room if you don't want to toss it into the pile over there," he pointed towards a teak bench next to the front door that was barely visible underneath a huddle of jackets.

Louis pulled off his jeans jacket, "This old thing won't mind," he said and tossed it over the pile. Harry smiled and Louis had to remind himself not to let his eyes get stuck on his visible chest.

"Can I get you something?" Harry asked and made a move towards what Louis assumed was the kitchen, "A beer?"

"No, I'm fine, thank you," Louis said, giving his host a reassuring nod.