thirty six

'why can't we just live our lives this way
everyday
the love inside my heart
never fades
us against the world
we could survive'

♩✧♪●♩○♬

"oh yeah they're back perfect timing too, i just finished paying rent" i sang to myself. i got up to answer the door.

"wha- what the fuck are you doing here, how'd you get my address."

"y/n, oh my gosh i've m-missed you and, i'm so sorry i-i" the boy broke down into loud sobs.

"theodore, what happened" i gasped looking at his pale skin and the deep purple bruise adorning his right eye. "m-my mom and and my dad he went a-at her" he whimpered. he broke down right in front of me. his hands shakily covered his face. tears were spilling down his cheeks and he was sniffling loudly trying to get ahold of himself but clearly struggling.

"here come inside its raining and you're soaking!" i pulled him in. he wiped his nose and stood at my door step. he was hesitant to come in, i gently grabbed his hand and led him inside.

he looked so ill. his face was so pale and the bruise he had gotten stuck out too much. he couldn't even make it to the couch, he collapsed at my feet. his hands were quick to cover his face.

i hugged him tightly. "he, he was hitting her and and i" he started, his voice was so low, so broken. "i couldnt let him, i couldnt!" he raised his voice just slightly. he didn't hug me back he just hugged his knees. "i-i pushed him i tried to fight him off and, she, she ran" his voice cracked at different parts. "she left me and he, he beat me and left me and no ones home they all left i-i dont what to do"

he opened up wrapping his arms desperately around me. he clung on to me as if he were to die if didn't.

he cried into my shoulder for a bit and than pulled away. "i-i know i shouldn't bring this up now but i'm sorry okay. i just-" he looked at his hands than back at me. "i just exploded on you and i'm not saying what i did was okay just because i have a shitty dad and stuff, i dont even know what the fuck i'm saying now. i'm just sorry and i feel like such a fuck up."

"i lost the love of my life that night"