Seven

Third Person POV

Taejung was fidgeting as he took Misun out. They were going to get some dinner. And he would tell Misun everything.

Once they arrived at the restaurant, Taejung opened the door for Misun and they headed inside.

It was nothing fancy, in fact, Taejung had picked out a small little diner. Some place quiet and more private.

Even if he was going to tell Misun, he didn't need the whole world knowing who he was and what his family did for a living.

Misun sat down, unsure.

He didn't know if this was Taejung just taking him out.

Or if this was a date.

Misun would be stupid to not admit to liking Taejung.

The boy was perfect. He was kind, good looking, smart, and he always made sure Misun was having fun or happy.

They ordered their food and Misun began to fidget nervously. An awkward air filled the table, as neither knew how to start a conversation with each other.

"S-so..." Misun finally managed. "How was school today for you?"

"I'm going to skip over the small talk." Taejung finally sighed out. Misun tilted his head, worry flashing through his mind.

Was Taejung going to tell him that he realized he wasn't good enough and didn't want to be friends anymore? It had happened before.

Taejung took a deep breath in and calmed his nerves. "I would like to ask you out, Misun."

Misun's eyes widened in surprise. He choked on his next breath, hardly believing the words that had just escaped from his hyung's lips.

"W-what?"

"Are you...not interested?" Taejung asked, fearfully. He didn't want Misun to reject him. He'd gathered all this courage to tell the boy about his lifestyle and his family and if Misun rejected him then there would be no need to.

"No! No, of course I am...I'm just...surprised." Misun blushed a little. "I-i just didn't expect someone like...you to like someone like...me."

"What is that supposed to mean? You're most beautiful and kind-hearted person I know." Misun blushed even more and he swore that his face was the shade of a tomato at this point.

Taejung offered a shy smile before clearing his throat and sighing.

"Actually, I have something to confess." Misun froze up a bit, wary of what the elder was about to say. "It's...a bit complicated, and I don't want to scare you away..."

"Is it bad?"

Taejung gulped. "Depends on your definition of bad." Misun frowned, leaning back. "Your father actually requested I tell you this. Because I asked if he would allow me to ask you out and he said only if I tell you the truth."

"The truth? The truth about what?"

"About me. And my family."

"Is there something wrong with your family?"

"Why did you even ask? You've met them." Misun giggled, covering his mouth with a hand as he tried not to laugh.

But he failed miserably.

"Just tell me what you wanted to."

"Will you be my boyfriend?"

"Mmmm...I'll think about it after you tell me this big bad secret of yours."

Taejung sighed. "I'm...a little scared, to be honest. I don't wish to scare you or upset you."

"Why would--"

"My family runs a mafia." Taejung blurted out. Misun froze, is eyes widening.

"A-a what?" All joking and light heartedness was gone.

"A mafia. My fathers and the others. My family are the leaders. I'm being raised to inherit the whole thing."

Misun was gaping like a fish. He didn't know what to say.

He didn't really know what to feel about the whole thing.

Taejung started again. "We don't do anything cruel. We aren't like that. You've met my family. Even though what we do is not exactly...legal, we aren't heartless people. I really do like you, Misun, and I want you to be my boyfriend. But I don't wish to keep any secrets from you."

"If I say no...will you kill me?" Taejung paled.

"Is...is that what you really think of me?"

"T-taejung...I don't know what to think of you. You're suddenly saying you're a part of a mafia, which you will lead someday a-and you just told me. I know a secret of yours now. W-what if I say no?"

"I'm not like that, Misun. I'm not like that. My family doesn't work like that."

"I don't know that, Taejung. You're nice. I like you a lot, but you have to think about it from my perspective. Compared to you...I'm nothing. You could kill me and I'd just simply be gone. There's no one who'd care."

"Don't say that about yourself." Taejung replied darkly. "I would care. I like you, Misun. I would never hurt you. And it hurts me that you think I'd kill you for rejecting me. I'm not like that."

"I-I'm sorry I--" Misun was caught up in whether to apologize, because he did feel bad or being super cautious because he really didn't know if Taejung was lying or not.

But could you blame him?

He was terrified. But who wouldn't be? He was in front of someone who belonged to a mafia, and no matter how many times Taejung told him he wouldn't hurt him, Misun could never be too sure.

He was just being cautious.

So he took a long time to think about his next words.

"I-i..." He sighed. "I need to think about it a little. I'll give you my answer tomorrow."