Six

Misun's POV

"Taejung—" I stopped short when I saw him holding a letter.

More specifically, the letter.

I felt my face pale.

Taejung snapped his head up, his eyes wide. "M-Misun, I'm sorry I didn't mean to—"

"Put it down." I whispered. I looked at the floor, feeling tears sting my eyes. Taejung immediately did, rushing over to me and enveloping me into his arms.

His embrace was warm.

Safe.

I almost felt every negative thought going through my mind washing away.

Almost.

"I am so sorry, Misun."

"F-for What?" I asked, my voice audibly cracking.

"You're losing your house? Why?" He asked quietly. I shook my head, sniffling a little as the first tear fell. Taejung simply held me closer.

He held me for a good ten minutes before I finally calmed down. I led him into the living room and we sat. I looked down at my hands.

"M-my father and I...it's just been us for a long time. But my father didn't finish high school, he dropped out and he has trouble finding jobs. They always let him go, he's the first one they lay off. Not because he's a bad worker, but because he doesn't even have his diploma. H-he doesn't say, but I know that the job he has now is a little shady. His boss is creepy and sometimes he doesn't pay dad."

I let out an exasperated laugh. "I don't know what to do. The bills keep piling up and he's not getting payed often enough to pay them...I'm going to be...homeless. We're going to be homeless and I just...I don't know what to do..." tears fell freely down my eyes and I curled up into a ball.

Taejung was quick to pull me closer. "I am so sorry, Misun." He whispered, comforting me. "You don't deserve any of this."

Taejung's POV

I didn't want to tell him. Didn't want him to refuse me, because I knew he would. But I was going to help him.

I...liked him and I wanted to ask him out, but there was too much going on. I need to help him first.

And even if he rejected me in the end...I didn't care. Misun was such a good person and he didn't deserve any of the hardships he'd been forced through.

"Do you want to go back to my house, sleep over?"

"N-no. My father's coming home soon. You should go back home, it's getting late."

"Okay." I whispered. "I'll see you tomorrow, Okay, Misun?" He nodded and I got up, feeling bad for leaving him on the couch.

But I had something to do.

I walked back into the kitchen, glancing behind me before grabbing the eviction notice and heading out to my car. Once inside, I opened it and glanced at the amount they had to pay before the bank would take the house in two weeks time.

Father wouldnt mind. I told myself. I took out my checkbook and wrote the amount needed. Then I sealed it within the envelope and turned on the car. I drove off to the bank, walking inside and smiling at the lady at the front desk.

"How May I help you, sir?" I handed her everything and told her that it was payment for the house. She nodded and ran it through the system, asking me to come to an office.

After an hour I walked back out, smiling slightly. Then I headed back home, entering right when father walked out of his bedroom.

"Where have you been?"

"Can I talk to you?"

"I guess?" Jungkook tilted his head and sat down int the living room as I sat across from him. "Did you need something?"

"Before you say anything, I want you to hear me out."

"So...what you're saying is that you're a part of a mafia family, Misun told you about how I can't keep a job and you want me to work for you?" Misun's father narrowed his eyes at me. I fidgeted, slightly uncomfortable at his scrutinizing glare.

"Umm...yes sir?" I asked a little nervously.

"You're a part of a mafia...and you've been hanging around my son?"

"He doesn't know, if that's what your asking. And you won't be involved in anything illegal, I swear. Just a simply bodyguard, nothing more. It'll be on a strictly need to know basis, and you'll get a steady income."

"I don't care about the job. I care about my son. What the fuck do you plan on doing with him?

"Do you want me to speak honestly?"

"Yes."

"I...like your son. I'd like to ask him to go out with me." His eyebrows raised high. "Before you ask, no I do not plan on involving him in anything family related."

"But do you plan on telling him?"

"I...don't know yet."

"Tell him. And then I'll let you ask him out."

"Ah...Yes, sir." I gulped, looking down. "About the job—"

"I accept. Thank you, for the consideration, it means a lot." Misuns father smiled. "I like you, Taejung, I do. You're nice to my son, and yes, it does concern me about your families occupation, but I do believe you mean no harm to me or my family. But I wish for you to be honest with my boy before even thinking about becoming initmate with him."

"Yes, sir." I stood and he did as well. We shook hands.

Just then, Misun entered the home.

"Oh, Taejung! You're here early. I was just out getting groceries, if you could give me a few minutes to freshen up before—"

"Of course. Take your time, Misun."

Misun disappeared to his room and I turned back to his father. "I'll tell him today. And do I have permission to ask him out, sir?"

"Yes, Yes you do."