Chapter 19

“We just missed the condiments,” Tanya amusedly remarked as we passed another aisle. Angela seated on her own stroller instinctively glanced at her mom upon the sound of her voice.

“Sorry, I...,” I breathed in as I manoeuvred the almost full shopping cart to the condiments section. “I just have a lot on my mind lately,” I confessed impishly as we walked through the aisle. Angela continued suckling on her bottle as she seemed to enjoy her stroller being pushed around.

“Yeah, obviously best friend. Like your whole demeanour right now is screaming ‘I’m occupied; do not disturb’.” She shot a curious look at me as she shook her head. “What do you say baby? Your Aunt’s mind right now is up in the clouds,” she fussed playfully as Angela just glanced at us simultaneously looking at us like we both adults lost our minds.

I snorted at that and swooped in for a kiss on her cheeks. Angela was very adorable and cute in her little pink number.

“I wish you can understand what we are talking right now baby,” Tanya muttered under her breath. “...but I don’t want you to grow up so fast as well,” she sighed as she looked solemnly at her innocent baby who kept on playing with her bottled milk.

“You better hope she stays as sweet and innocent for as long as she can. Kids these days are very handful. I don’t know what’s happening with their generation already,” I complained as we made our way in the section inspecting and checking the needed condiments for the famous spaghetti.

 “Damon you’re right,” she grumbled dejectedly looking upwards for some miracle. “Don’t worry baby, you’ll gonna have a playmate soon,” she suddenly enthused as she smirked at me, playfully waggling her perfectly styled eyebrows.

I rolled my eyes at her and picked the biggest can of spaghetti sauce. “Sure, sure,” I nodded as I placed another can of sauce inside the cart.

“So what’s really bothering you huh Andy?” she prodded as she gently pulled the empty bottle from Angela and the poor baby whimpered. “Okay sweetie you play with Daisy for awhile,” as she handed the squeaky yellow duck to appease her.

I was mesmerized as to how Angela stopped her tears suddenly and bit gleefully the poor little duck. With my dilemma right now, I couldn’t help feel envious with the squealing and giggling baby.

“Of course, I will also be bothered always if I have a hot, sexy and rich boyfriend on my side. Not that Mike isn’t hot though; but he better not know that,” she continued giggling like a highschooler and winked at me conspiratorially.

“Tanya, sometimes I wonder what crazy madness was going on in your mind,” I tutted shaking my head at her as I grabbed two large cans of meat sauce.

“You wouldn’t want to know Andy what kinky things Mike and I explore behind closed doors,” she countered grinning cheekily at me while waggling her brows suggestively.

“Eww, too much information Tan,” as I faked gag; throwing disgusted look at her. “Seriously, I don’t need to know that.”

“Your face Andy, that’s priceless!” she tittered. “Remember what they say about happy sex life; happy love life? You should never forget that when you enter the covenant of marriage,” she threw in casually as she went ahead to the displays of different varieties of catsup.

Marriage? Oh great reminder Tanya, I sarcastically mumbled to myself pondering silently on the issue at hand while catching up on her. The shopping cart seemed heavy enough to push.

“Why are there a lot of different catsups? Banana...tomato...sweet and sour...sweet and spicy, but this one is seriously sour. Hey Andy, what do you think - ? Okay don’t tell me those knitted eyebrows are back because you haven’t told Callum the truth yet? I’ll definitely let Angela pull your hairs to knock some sense into your very stubborn mind,” she perused, pursing her red lips.