Chapter 8

Via's POV - One week later – last week in NYC

             It was Thursday and I would be going back to Baltimore Saturday morning. I was leaving the hospital and going back to Cami's when my phone rang. Sebastian. 

"Hey, there. Last time we saw each other you were running back to the hospital after we had lunch I shouted you a question, but I guess you didn't hear...'' 

"What?" 

"I asked you when could I see you again. So, are you free tomorrow night? "

         I choked on the water I was drinking. 

"I beg your pardon?" 

"You heard me, Via. And this time it's a date. A real date."

         I'm sure he could hear me blushing.

 "So, what do you say?"

 "I can't... it's my last night in NY. I'm going out with my siblings. Sorry." 

"Then we'll go out tonight." 

"I can't, I'm leaving the hospital now. It's late."

 "Go home and get ready. Text me when you're done and I'll give you the details.''

       Smooth. 

"I-I- fine. Casual?"

 "Yes."

             I got home and collapsed on the couch. I couldn't believe in what had just happened. SEBASTIAN STAN HAD ASKED ME OUT ON A REAL DATE AND I HAD SAID YES! 

"What's going on?" Cami asked. 

"Nothing, I'm just tired."

 "BS. Something's going on." 

"It's nothing..."

 "Olivia Grace Reeves!" 

"Fine! I have a date tonight."

 "A what?!?"

 "You heard me."

 "Who's the unlucky guy?" 

"Hahaha, very funny."

"Come on, who is he?" 

"Sebastian Stan", I whispered. 

"WHAT?!? YOU'RE GOING ON A- wait, how on earth do you know him? Where did you guys meet? Last year we just saw him at the rink and then we were leaving. When did this happen?"

 "I met him a little more than three weeks ago." 

"Where?"

 "At the Starbucks near the hospital. He heard me speaking in Romanian on the phone. I was at my table for like 10 minutes when he came over and asked me in Romanian if I was Olivia Reeves the figure skater." 

"And..." 

"We chatted for a few minutes until suddenly he stopped breathing and I had to do an emergency tracheotomy on him. " 

"Right in the middle of Starbucks?" 

"Yes, I had no choice. It's what I signed up for..."

 "Wow. Why didn't you tell me?!?" 

"He became my patient... ever heard of doctor-patient confidentiality?"

 "He's been your patient for three weeks?"

 "The first two..."

 "Then why didn't you tell me?" 

"I forgot." 

"Forgot... yeah right. So, what are you still doing the couch? Don't you have a date with a hot Romanian guy?"

 "Yeah..."

 "Don't pretend you're not happy about it. Now go get ready!"

           I quickly showered and did my makeup. As for my clothes, I went with a white Bruce Springsteen shirt I had and some skinny ripped jeans. I paired them with some black ankle boots and a delicate white cardigan. I sat on my bed and texted Sebastian. I'm ready. Where are we going? Typing... Hard Rock. I left my apartment 10 minutes ago. See you soon :) I grabbed my purse and headed for the door. Cami was there waiting for me. Of course. 

"You think you were going out without saying goodbye? Think again."

 "I've got to go... he's already on his way there." 

"Someone's excited for her date..." 

"Ha-ha."

"Where are you guys going?"

 "Hard Rock."

 "Cool. I'll want all the details after."

 "Keep dreaming!"

"Bye." 

             I left the apartment and called the elevator. Once I arrived at the lobby, I called an Uber. Five minutes later he arrived. I texted Sebastian telling him I was on my way. Another 25 minutes and I arrived at the place. I greeted the receptionist and told her a friend was waiting for me at a table. She asked me his name. 

"Sebastian. He probably arrived not very long ago." 

"So you're the lucky lady... we've all been wondering who he was waiting for. Table 21, I'll take you there." 

            She showed me the way and there he was.