Chapter 7

Via's POV

             As we stepped outside with our sandwiches, Sebastian started asking me all sorts of questions. Literally about every subject and aspect of my life I could imagine. Once I was done answering, I would ask him the same question.

 "Tell me about your family.", he suddenly asked.

 "Well, that's a long story. "

 "I'm not in a hurry."

 "Where should I start? Well, my parents had me and a few years later my mom got pregnant with my sister Ava. Unfortunately, Ava was stillborn at eight months. That took a big toll on my parents, specially my mom. They ended up splitting up, but they never let that interfere with me. I was their number one priority. About 17 months later, my mother died in a car crash. Freeze here, let's go back in time a little... one month before I was born, my parents hired a Mexican lady called Guadalupe as a maid and my future babysitter. The only thing they asked her was that she had to speak to me exclusively in Spanish. At the time, she had a three-years-old son, Diego, and a one-year-old daughter, Camila. My parents allowed her to bring them along when she needed, especially after I was born. Cami, Diego, and I turned out to be inseparable. Same with Guadalupe. When my mom died, Diego and Cami saw how sad I was and on that same day they proclaimed that we would officially be siblings, this way I would no longer be sad. Guadalupe ended up becoming my mother figure. It took a while, but I was soon calling her 'mom'. Not 'mother'. That term I would use, and still use, when referring to my birthmother. So, if you ask me today, I'll tell you I have a father/dad, a dead mother, a mom, a sister, a brother, a step-father, and a big Mexican family. Oh, yes, I do call my mom's husband my step-father. After all, he gave me a mom and two siblings, and for that I'm forever grateful. "

 "Wow! And does the fact that your mother died in a car crash have anything to do with the fact that you decided to become a doctor, specifically a trauma surgeon"

 "Yes, it has everything to do with it."

Seb's POV

         We chatted for a few more minutes after she told me about her family when suddenly she stopped. 

"Shit,", she exclaimed, "I only have ten minutes till my shift starts!"

          She said goodbye, kissed me on the cheek, and ran towards the hospital. 

"When will I see you again", I shouted, but she was too far. I stopped. Wait, did she really just kiss me on the cheek or am I dreaming?

Via's POV

         I was already dressed and waiting in the ER when it hit me. I had just kissed Sebastian Stan. On the cheek, yes, but it was still a kiss. I felt the heat crawling up my face. 

"What are you thinking about, Reeves? You're as red as a tomato.", Liz asked. 

"Nothing." 

"I'll pretend I believe you..." 

           But all I could think about was that the 'date' had gone better than I expected. I think I could say I had actually made a friend, much to my surprise.