Chapter 6

Via's POV

"I- I- I can't."

 "Why? Didn't you just say I was no longer your patient?"

"Yes, but-" 

"Are you seeing someone?"

 "No..." 

"Then why not?"

 "I –I ..." 

             At first it didn't seem right, but I soon remembered what I had just felt when he touched my arm. Screw it! You know what, I'm gonna say yes. 

"So?"

 "Alright, I'll go out with you, but only once. And we're not calling it a date!"

 "Who said anything about a date?", he smirked. 

              Obviously I turned bright red. 

"When are you free?", he asked.

"Hummm... lunch is better for me. I'm too tired to properly function at night."

 "How about right now?" 

"What?!?"

 "You heard me... don't you have a lunch break?"

 "Yes, but-"

 "Then it's settled. When is your shift over?"

 "Noon. But that's three hours away..." 

"I'll wait..." 

           Gorgeous and sweet?

"That's-"

 "My morning is free and I have some catching up to do on Netflix. Don't worry about me, I'll be fine... Go save lives. You just have to tell me where the waiting room is and text me when you're done."

 "Fine...", I sighed. 

              As he said goodbye, all I could do was pray that nothing serious came in the ER this morning. Wait, am I actually excited about this date that isn't a date? What's happening to me?

          Luckily nothing serious came to the ER, just a couple of minor injuries. Before I knew it, it was noon. I texted Sebastian that I would be down in 15 minutes. As usual, I was greeted with a smile. But this smile hinted something else... something I couldn't quite put my finger on. We decided to go to a deli just around the corner cause I had about 30 minutes to eat.