Chapter 4

Via's POV              

              A few hours later a nurse paged me and I headed to Sebastian's room. She was checking his vitals and he seemed a little confused. 

"Mr. Stan, I don't know if you remember me, but I'm Dr. Via Reeves. I had to perform an emergency tracheotomy on you. How are you feeling? I'll hand you my phone so you can type your answer." (English)

            He took my phone and started typing. I'm a little dizzy and my throat is burning, otherwise I'm fine. 

"Oh, don't worry. It will take a while, but the feeling will go away. Trust me, I've been where you are. Are you in any kinda pain other than your throat?" 

No. You've had and emergency tracheotomy too? 

"Yes, when I was in high school." 

Cool! How long before this tube can come out? 

"I'm gonna take it off now and cover the incision with my hand, this way I can check your oxygen levels. I'll be able to have a better idea how long you'll stay with the tube after that." 

           He nodded. I removed the tube and covered the incision. His stats weren't good enough, he had to keep the tube a while longer. I put it back and told him he wasn't getting rid of it that soon. He simply smiled and nodded.

Via's POV - Two days later

            Two days had passed since the incident. I had measured Sebastian stats several times and was headed to his room to do so again, hoping this time they would be better. I got to his room and was immediately greeted with a smile. Boy were those sea blue eyes something... Focus, Via. He's a patient. He needs your MEDICAL attention. Thankfully his stats were good enough and I informed him that I would schedule an OR. He was happy to hear that thing was coming off.

           It was already night when I came back to check on him. He was awake and seemed less confused than the first time.

 "Good evening, Mr. Stan. How are you feeling? Do you think you can say a few words?" (English)

        He tried to say something, but all that came out was a raspy, husky sound. His smile disappeared.

 "It's ok, it took me a few days. Don't worry." 

       He gave me a half smile as I handed him my phone. 

It burns a lot... is that normal? 

"Yes. I'll ask the nurse to give you something for the pain. I'm heading out now, but I'll come see you first thing in the morning."

          He smiled at me again and I left the room. I showered and changed and headed to Cami's apartment (I was staying there during my two months stay in NYC). As I lay in bed, those blue eyes popped into my mind. I quickly pushed the thought away and turned to my side to try to get some sleep.

                 The next morning, I went to Sebastian's room as soon as I got to the hospital. He was still asleep. I decided to stay there and watch him since I had gotten there earlier than I should. Thirty minutes later he woke up. Again, I was greeted with that smile of his. What a dangerous smile he had... Focus,Via! 

"Hello, Mr. Stan. How are you feeling today?", I asked as I handed him my phone.

Better. It still burns a little, but the medication helped a lot. 

"Good to know. Other than that,anything else bothering you?"

  No.

"Great! I have to go now, but I'll be back by lunch. I'll check your stats once more and probably discharge you." 

              I left the room and headed to the ER entrance, thinking about a certain pair of eyes.