dive back into the pool

Comincia dall'inizio

"If you weren't my sister I would have killed you." Jisoo growled, turning her piercing stare on the woman to scare her away.

It appeared to have the opposite effect, the woman if possible looked even more enamoured.

"This is not over." Jisoo pointed an accusatory finger at her sister before taking off across the quad, a fast jog in the direction of the labs.

The girl looked like she might follow, but a touch to the arm and a shake of the head from Chaeyoung stopped her. Jisoo in a foul mood was best left alone.

"Did you hear the news?"

Lisa didn't need to look up from her textbook to know that there was a wide grin on Yeri's face.

"What news?"

"No way you haven't heard!" Yeri exclaimed loudly, causing the girl at the nearest table to shoot her a nasty look.

"I've been in here all day." Lisa stifled a laugh. "The only thing I've heard is the turning of these pages...and the heavy breather on the other side of the shelf."

"It's Kim Jisoo."

"What about her?" Lisa tried to play coy, but Yeri now had her full attention.

"Apparently, word on the street is she's ready to date."

Yeri's words had the desired reaction. Lisa's eyes lifted from the pages to meet her smug expression. "I knew you'd want to hear that."

"Where are you getting this information?" Lisa was loath to trust the rumour mill, it was notoriously unreliable.

"Straight from Park Chaeyoung herself. Well I heard it from Joy, who heard it from Chaeyoung."

"Jisoo's little sister?" Lisa leant back in her chair, stroking her chin pensively. "She doesn't lie, especially about Jisoo."

"This could be your chance." Yeri nudged her again, wiggling her eyebrows suggestively. "You can finally tell her how you feel, let out all those feelings you've been bottling up for the last two years." Her tone dropped with sarcasm.

Lalisa Manoban's crush on Kim Jisoo could be seen from space, it was no secret. Even Jisoo, who was known to be completely oblivious most of the time to the effect she had on women, knew about it. The two of them shared several classes and spoke often enough to be considered friends. Lisa had dropped enough hints that she wanted to take Jisoo on a date, but had always been declined.

Lisa's attempts had never been serious, Jisoo had made it painfully clear to everyone she met that she didn't want to date. Lisa mostly enjoyed the blush that coloured the other woman's sculpted cheek bones whenever she paid her a compliment.

Things were different now. If the rumours were true.

"I gotta go." Lisa gathered up her books and stuffed them in her bag, pointedly ignoring the look Yeri was giving her. "Don't suppose you have any idea where..."

"Last seen heading towards the labs with a face like thunder." Yeri supplied immediately. She chuckled at Lisa's mumbled thank you as she pushed past her and out of the library.

Lisa skidded to a halt outside one of the labs, taking a moment to take a deep breath and calm down, not wanting to make it seem like she hadn't run across campus as fast as she could.

Which she totally had.

Peering in through the window she saw immediately Jisoo's form hunched over a microscope, one hand twisting the dial fixed to the side, the other making notes on a pad of paper.