dive back into the pool

The news spread round campus like wildfire.

The unattainable Kim Jisoo was ready to date.

The news came, not from Jisoo herself, but her big mouth of a sister, Chaeyoung.

One throw away comment from a tipsy Jisoo on one of their weekly sister's night's that had been repeated offhandedly to Jennie, and before Jisoo could even recover from her hangover the day after, everyone on campus knew.

Kim Jisoo was looking for a girlfriend.

She had always been popular on campus; openly gay and somewhat mysterious she had quickly secured a reputation as a badass who was not to be underestimated. Bobby learnt this the hard way, with several snide comments and a gross breach of her personal space that left him with a bloody nose and very sore nether regions.

Jisoo's status as a gay icon on campus had been cemented the moment she joined Seoul University's soccer team, within a year she was their captain, and by the end of her sophomore year had led the team to a state championship. She was top of her class in every subject, amazingly smart and dangerously beautiful. In short, Kim Jisoo had girls falling over themselves to be with her.

What made her even more alluring to most of the female (and a fair chunk of the male) population, was that Kim Jisoo didn't date.

The rumours as to why were rife, some believed it was because she was too picky, never able to find anyone who could match up to her ridiculously high standards, (these were usually people who had tried and failed to charm her).

There were others who believed that Jisoo was refusing to date until her sister did, not unlike 10 Things I Hate About You.

This rumour was debunked when the Chaeyoung was spotted locking lips with the infamous Jennie Kim, (a woman who's reputation almost matched Jisoo's), in the middle of the quad.

Then there were those who believed that she had been hurt, hurt so badly by someone that she couldn't face the prospect of dating, that nothing was worth it.

The truth was much simpler.

Kim Jisoo was simply too busy to date.

In between captaining the soccer team, taking extra modules and looking out for Chaeyoung, which was in itself a full-time job, the last thing on Jisoo's mind had been dating.

It wasn't like she had been completely celibate, there had been the odd night, partners who had been good for destressing and never expecting more.

Until now.

Now, in a moment of openness (heavily influenced by several large shots of whiskey), Jisoo had admitted to Chaeyoung that maybe dating wouldn't be the worst thing she could do.

She had expected the information to stay between the two of them.

She should have known better.

Chaeyoung loved to gossip, and there was no one she liked to gossip with more than Joy. Joy, who although was more scared of Jisoo than he was of pretty much anything else on earth, could not resist passing on the golden ticket of information that Chaeyoung blabbed to her at their weekly lunch date.

By mid-afternoon the whole campus knew.

"I hate you." Jisoo grumbled.

"No, you don't." Chaeyoung chimed back, although her usual cheery smile dimmed at the glare that Jisoo sent her way when another girl passed them on the quad, eyes roving almost lewdly up and down Jisoo's body. "You don't?" her voice sounded less certain, Jisoo hadn't glared at her this much since she had accidently broken her older sister's favorite snow globe when they were teenagers.