Chapter 16: How Do You Move On?

Theme: Unpretty - TLC
Year : 1991 ( March )
POV : Marlon

I had just gotten home from being on set all day, about to wash my ass before my phone began ringing off the hook causing me to be more annoyed than I already had been and all I wanted to do was eat some damn food and get in the bed.

" wassup?" I said into the phone munching on my subway sandwich wanting the conversation to already be over.

" Look man is this Marlon?" some guy on the other end asked causing me to stop eating because who the hell calls somebody's house asking questions.

" Depends on who's asking my mans. Who is this?" I said raising off my couch getting anxious to know who the hell had gotten my number and what they wanted.

" Look it's Devante... trust me I'm only doing this cause I know she'd want you here but there's been an emergency and Cher's in the hospital on 25th, so just get here as soon as you can" he said then hanging up. Once he said that I jumped up grabbed my coat and keys and ran out the door.

In all honesty I can't even tell you how I made it to the hospital in one piece, I pushed it atleast 100 my whole way here. The only thing I could think about was what happened to her, why and what's going on. I mean Devante gave me no information at all but just the thought alone of her even being here in a hospital needing medical attention was enough for me to drop everything.

Once I entered the main doors I walked up to the receptionist desk demanding to know where she was.

" Where's Cherry?" I asked the lady.

" Excuse me?" She asked getting an attitude with me.

" I need to know where my girlfriend is right now." I demanded not having time for her attitude.

" You need to give me a name and I need some ID." She rolled her neck to every syllable.

Lord please don't let me slap this bitch.

"Her name is Armani Perkins but you might know her Cherry." I spat throwing my ID at her.

" room 507, loose the attitude sir" she said eying me.

" and you need to loose the weight ma'am witcho big bone ass. " I said heading to the elevator.

Once I reached the fifth floor I saw the sign that said waiting room and spotted Lisa, Honey, Mo,Dalvin, Devante and Jojo sitting around with worried expressions on their faces causing me to feel a uneasy being that I don't know anything.

" Look who finally showed up" Devante spoke looking at me.

" this nigga" I suffed.

" Man I called you over half an hour ago, I see you took your time" he said trying to get a raise out of me.

" Ayo nigga I don't know who you think you talking to but I'll bust yo-" I started until Mo cut me off saying " I know like hell yall ain't doing this while Mani's laying in a fucking hospital bed."

She has a point there's a time and place for everything and right now wasn't the time to beat a nigga up and send him into one of them rooms down the hall.

" you right Mo. Aye my bad man, look I shouldn't have came at you like that" Devante chuckled walking towards me shaking his head, dapping me up. I just nodded my head agreeing with him.

" So like does anybody know what's going on? Like why is my baby in the hospital?" I asked looking around the room waiting on a response.

" No. I received a call from the hospital three hours ago saying that a random patient left my number at the front desk and when I asked them to describe the patient I came to the conclusion that they were talking about m-my sister." Honey said breaking down into tears sobbing into Lisa chest.