Chapter 10 : Peach Roses Part 2

Theme : I'm Still Waiting - Jodeci
Year 1991 : ( Mid January)
POV : Devante
(Devante's Apartment In MM )

It was getting close to eight o'clock and I still hadn't set the table yet. See this little set up was supposed to be for me and Mani to just get past our issues. Ya know moving past this " Devante" and " Cherry" shit and get back to " Donny" and "Mani" but it's like how can I express that to her?

Now that we will be working together it just makes sense for us to talk it out as logical adults not emotional teenagers about to graduate high school. Of course when she left I felt the need to reach out to her but me being stubborn my pride couldn't let me. I loved hearing from auntie p that she'd be coming down from New York to visit even though I'd literally be in the same room with her for five minutes max before I'd lie and say that I had to leave, I only to get a glance of her which only my feelings for her even stronger.

I definitely thought about her everyday almost like a secret admirer which sounds crazy cause I could've ended all that with a simple conversation to hear out all sides of the situation. Which is why tonight was so important to me. I'm determined to fix this.

When I told Dalvin about my plan he helped me spice it up with the mystery flowers idea. As you can see that idea had failed, well depending on how you look at it. I mean she loved them I had remembered that peach roses were her favorite all these years so I knew she'd love them but I didn't like that she thought they were from her nigga. I mean it kinda stomped a little at first but it helped make me come off less suspicious not that I was suspicious of anything at all but I know that she would never think that they'd come from me . But I know who her lil boyfriend from that lil show.  I can't help but wonder what the relationship is like between them, is he treating her right, how they met, how long have they been together, how was the sex , are they even having sex and all that.

Knocking me out my thoughts I heard the oven beeping letting me know the red velvet cupcakes were done and needed frosting. See I , King Swing could cook something I actually learned from my mom and Mani. Tonight I had made Alice Spring Chicken with a side of string beans and loaded mashed potatoes made from scratch. You already know I have a nice bottle of wine sitting on ice in the middle of ny candle light table set up. Once she actually got here I was gonna turn the lights off but I had the kitchen light on to make sure my blind ass could see while I finished setting the table and continued frosting my cupcakes. I grabbed the cupcakes sitting them onto to the table next to the other food. After I cut the lights I grabbed my lighter and lit all the candles I could see.

I even had the idea to put rose petals on the ground by the door that led to the dinner table around the corner from the kitchen. As I finished making the trail I had to make sure I turned everything off and started putting dishes in the dish washer but I heard some like ruffles at my door.

Me being Me I walked to the door and looked in the peep hole and saw her fine ass fixing her makeup even though I didn't think she needed it. She looked so flawless and perfect. From what I could see out the peephole her dress was red and she had on a leather coat " definitely making a thriller joke" I laughed at myself. I'm guessing I laughed too hard cause I ended up leaning on the door causing a thud.

" I know you see me , open up sweetheart" she said I'm a cute little tone. " here goes nothing" I thought to myself knowing at that point this little blind date thing was coming to an end.  I stepped back and unlocked the door and stood there with a shy smirk on my face. Not gonna lie Mani looked sexy as fuck. She had this fly dress on, had her titties out, smelt good too!. I can tell she was checking a nigga out too by the way she stared at all my chest tatts.