Chapter 12 : Mixed Affairs

Theme: I'm Still Waiting - Jodeci
Year : 1991 February
POV: Cherry

" Ms. Perkins this is exactly what I'm talking about. Class let's use Ms.Perkins as an example of why we don't bring our electronics to class." Professor Jones said making shady remarks about my pager going off. He really knows how to get up under my skin, even though he's like that with all of his students he really loves to fuck with me since he knows about my career and my dealings with uptown. Every so often he'll call me out during lectures to stay after class to lecture me about the stupidest shit just to hear himself talk and I know that today he'll wanna speak on this.

" I apologize if my pager interfered with your lesson" I said full of sarcasm and a half smile.

" please let's further this conversation after class during our usual time" he said with an attitude. I fucking hate this man.

Once he walked away from the end of my row in the auditorium I reached in my book bag and grabbed my pager reading : 425 - Dre , indicating that it was Andre from uptown that had been blowing me up all day. Usually Andre would only blow someone up like that if they were late to like a meeting or appearance or something but we didn't have a meeting today so this must be urgent. I know I'll have to give him a call as soon as class let's out.

***

" listen I'm gonna need you to understand this is your last semester here with us and I hold you to higher standards. You've got to do better . Maybe if you weren't so busy trying to make music you'd understand the importance of a solid education" he said not even looking my direction but had his focus on the chalk board where he'd seem to be working on a algebra equation that he couldn't figure out.

" Sir with all due respect I am an A+ student and I have never missed any of your classes since I've had you.Yes I am an artist for one of the biggest labels in the world right now and yes I have number one singles on the charts but I put my education first" I said growing aggravated at his judgmental ass ways and getting impatient wanting this to be over so that I could called Andre back.

" all I'm saying is that your behaviors in class are distracting to the other students. Your little music career isn't gonna always be around and you'll probably only be relveant what, two or three more years tops" he said. That's when I lost it.

" I don't know who the fuck you think you are talking to me like that but I'm not the one, the two, or the three. I've been dealing with your attitude and stank ass coffee breath since my sophomore year and you've done nothing but tear my and my career down." I spat at him causing him to turn around and give me his full attention.

" now like I said I have a 4.0 gpa and I'm damn near got perfect attendance in this bitch all while living out my dreams, instead of being jealousy of my happiness find your own all you do is come to this school and teach and probably go home to your ugly ass duck ass wife if you even have one. You will not disrespect me again." I continued to say to him. After that he couldn't do anything but look at me with his mouth open in shock.

As I grabbed my bag , my sunglasses and my bottled water I looked at him and said " oh by the way you might wanna re-work that equation. Y does not equal 450. It's gonna give you 330 withco stupid ass" I says walking out the door throwing on my shades.

It felt GREAT going off on that man. He constantly gives people shit all the time ohh but how the tables have turned. I didn't intend on going in so hard but hey I can't help it that's just me. Now if you think I go hard then wait till you see Mo go off on somebody. " oh fuck Andre" I thought. I walked to one of the near by pay phones on campus dialing up his personal office number waiting of him to answer.