The final countdown

I had woken up with Damien's arms around me protectively. I thought it was going to be fine but when Alaric demanded we leave and run away, we couldn't argue. We did run, we ran as fast as we could. Not fast enough, Damien was holding my hand as hard as he could when someone threw a chain around my ankles, wrapping itself around them. I was dragged along the ground, towards an unknown figure. Damien's hands slipped and he cried out in emotional pain. I cried for him as well...

"Damien run!" I shouted to him as I gave in and let the attacker drag me to him. I was flipped over as a blonde haired man loomed above me, he leaned down and whispered into my ear. 

"I've been waiting to finally break that boy for a while now." He smiled a sinister smile as I spat in his face. I was scrambling under him like he wanted.  Please Damien, just run.

"What do you want with her Caleb?" Damien was standing in front of us, his face full of rage.

"I want to break you, and now I have a way." He stood up, pulling me with him. "I will enjoy this one too, she deserves to die." He burst out laughing and I stared at Damien, trying to remember my feelings for him. 

"She's not the way to break me."

"You love her, do you not?"

"I don't." I gasped, how could he say that?!

"Damien-" All of a sudden I felt a pain in my throat, I look down at the blood spilling onto my shirt. 

Staring at Damien I tried to smile, I fell onto my knees and held back the tears. They fell anyway.

"Sorry Damien, she wasn't a very good leverage." I held my bleeding throat with both hands, the blood seeping through.

"I don't care, just leave now." Damien stepped forward for a moment, Caleb dropped his knife and I fell onto my side.

Caleb was gone and for half a minute Damien just stared at me as I slowly bled to death.

Soon he ran over to me. I was confused why i was taking so long die. He looked into my eyes and held my head in his hands.

"I'm so sorry."

"It's OK," I choked out. "It's easier to die when you know you had nothing to live for." I suddenly remembered. 

"Don't talk." I shook my head, refusing to stay quiet.

"Marshall." I coughed a bit of blood and then I knew I was creeping closing to my death.

"He doesn't need to know." He looked away and frowned.

"I love him. All I want is for him to know."

.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................