The one

On my way home I started to think, about how I felt when I was around Damien. From the corner of my eye I saw a shadow, a person maybe.

“Didn’t you get the message?” I spun around expecting to see Damien but was instead greeted by a young woman, her name was Amelia.

Ever since I first met my admirable friend Amelia on holiday several years ago, she had been my favourite and most irreplaceable companion. The first thing you notice about her, are her brown eyes, small upturned nose and large sensuous mouth, which made her face very photogenic. At first glance you can also see her long, brown hair, as well as slender body which made her look really amazing. As a rule she enjoyed wearing atypical clothes. The most characteristic thing about Amelia is her unappreciated sense of humour. It is rare to cheer everybody up in different situations, yet she always managed to do it. Moreover, she is the life and soul of a party, which makes her extremely sociable. Pointing out her tendency to be incredibly precise and insistent would only gain you a slap round the face unfortunately. Some people claim she may seem quick-tempered but in reality, deep down, she is a really genuine person. Amelia has a very unpredictable lifestyle, for this reason she spends a lot of time exercising. In her spare time she goes either to a swimming pool or dance class, which I admire her for. In the future she would love to fulfil one of her childhood dreams, namely to become an actress. To sum up, Amelia deserves an award due to her ambitions, optimism and natural beauty. She shows how to be the perfect girl. I had hoped our friendship would never end, but it did.

Amelia looked furious as she walked over to me, I could see it in her eyes. But she didn’t want to talk, she wouldn’t. I didn’t know what say, if she knew she wanted she would get it.

“You okay?” I asked, hiding my shaking hands behind my back.

“You’re a real bastard, Kali,” She stopped. I could see her eyes get darker. “You slept with Marshall.”

“I told you before,” I swallowed hard. “I didn’t-“

“Sure you did! You’re a whore.”

“Amelia, I know you like him but-“She didn’t listen, she grabbed me. I swung around and gave her a fast and powerful roundhouse kick in the ribs, she howled in pain but still raced towards me. What could I do? I was stuck. I then ducked on impulse and threw my hand as fast as I could at her nose. She stared at the river of blood that appeared out of her nose. She spat out blood and collapsed to the ground. I heard someone running. She had been my best friend; I held back a sob and ran.

I could hear footsteps behind me, they were speeding up but I turned a corner and got the front of my house. I knocked on the door multiple times, banging and shouting, before bursting into tears. My sobs grew as I leaned against the door and slowly slid down, landing on my doorstep.

“Stop crying.” I didn’t open my eyes, I just let the low voiced man put his arms under me and lift me into his arms. I tried to hold back my sobs, trying not to ruin the dark clothing beneath my face. He smelt nice and I felt safe in his arms. He had carried me into my house, up the stairs and settled me onto my bed. I curled up into a ball and slowed my breathing, trying to ignore the body that wrapped itself around me.

“I’m sorry.” The sobbing and tears subsided as I breathed in the sweet smell of hot chocolate. I opened my eyes slightly to see a hot cup of hot chocolate placed on the table next to me. I sat up and picked up the warm cup, holding it under my nose to inhale the warm steam.

“It’s no problem honestly.” His low husky voice made me smile; I already knew who it was. He was always there for me recently it seemed. I laughed to myself, making Damien cock his head to the side in confusion.

“Were you just spooning me?” I tried to contain my light giggles and soft sniffles. He kissed my cheek before lying down again; I tried to settle my blushing before I looked at him.

“Where are your parents?” I lay down beside him and stared up at my ceiling.

“I don’t mind living alone.” I looked to my side and gazed into his sparkling eyes, slowly my vision blurred and soon enough I was fast asleep, only slightly feeling warm arms wrapped around me.