The screams

I had gone to bed that night without speaking to anyone and had woken up in the middle of the night. I had switched beds so I was sharing with Marshall and was careful not to wake him as I slid out of bed. I got dressed and wandered down the staircase, with my bags in hand. I had almost killed three people so I had to get out of here. I walked out to Damien’s car and stared into it, wishing he was here but also feeling glad I would be away from him. I got in the car and started the engine, being careful not to rev the engine and make too much noise. I gazed into the bedroom window and saw a pair of ice-blue eyes staring at me. I pulled out of the driveway and went on my way, heading for home and hoping to get away from it all.

On my way back home it started to rain, it was heavy and thick, making it hard to see. I tried to open the window to dispose of chocolate wrapper but the force of the wind made my hands slip off the wheel and the car sped out of control. I quickly pulled over, cut off the engine, and shut the window. I would have to wait until it settled.

Phone rings

“Where are you, I am coming to get you.” Marshall was speaking quickly into the phone, I hung up on him. I couldn’t handle him right now; I took a deep breath and leaned back in my seat.

I jumped at the sudden sound of someone knocking loud on my window. I looked out and saw the long stringy hair of a supposedly dead girl; Amelia’s long hair flowed in the wind as she stood outside my car. I closed my eyes as tight as I could and hugged my knees to my chest, fear took over and I didn’t dare look up. I heard the click of the door, then realising I hadn’t locked the doors, and felt as someone placed their face near mine. I tried to stop the shaking but my whole body shook as whoever loomed over me didn’t show any signs of moving.

I was screaming mentally. I darted out the car and pushed past whoever was in my way, I ran out into the middle of the road and fell to my knees. I had to bury my face in the dingy fabric of my jumper to muffle the little noises I was making. I was struck by a feeling of falling, falling into some deep dark pit. The world didn’t feel stable anymore. I was shaking violently, undergoing the most extreme panic attack.

I heard a low growling sound of an engine, but my body wouldn’t move. I sat in the road, my whole body frozen as I stared down at my hands, tears streaming and leaving myself exposed.

Slowly I lost all my hearing, my eyesight got blurry and I became numb. All I could do was watch the images swirl around in my brain, like my own mini movie. I felt something touch me, it could’ve been someone touching me, it could’ve been the car going past me or maybe just my imagination, but it was enough to make my eyes dart up and see a blinding light, and then darkness.