Chapter 45

*Ali's P.O.V*

|Dream|

I was walking alongside the woods. I don't know what I am doing out here but I always end up in weird places so oh well. The world looks so bright and it seems so normal. There's nothing out here to ruin my day. Nothing here to ruin what I'm doing. 

It's all so normal.

So I was just walking by a pond and then I spot something.

I spot a person who looks to be my age and I walk towards it. Then when they turn around, I am confused to go see Carl.

But, how can this be? Carl was dead.

But he was here. Carl was here. He's in front of me. He has his hat on, plaid flannel on and he was bleeding on the bottom of his stomach.

Am I going crazy here?

"Hey, Ali." Carl said to me.

"What? You're dead." I said.

"I'm not dead." He said shaking his head.

But I'm really the one shaking my head.  This cannot be happening. Not right now.

"You're dead. I saw you. You looked weak even when you were telling me you were strong. You told me you loved me and then you shot yourself so that you wouldn't turn into a walker. This isn't you." I said.

"But I'm here, aren't I?"

"Stop with the games. This isn't happening." I shake my head faster.

"What game? I'm here now and we can continue to be together. We can rule the world and get married and even have a little Carl and Ali running around. Let's run away together." He said taking my hand.

I had to pull away. This is all too weird.

"This has to be some kind of joke."

"Not a joke. This is real." 

"Carl, you're bleeding." I said.

He looks down to where his shirt was bleeding and when he lifts his shirt, the walker bite that he got was there.

"Don't worry about that. Everything will be fine." He smiled.

"Quit saying that. You're dead and gone. This can't be happening."

"I survived. I am here for you now. Don't let this go to waste." 

I can't take this anymore.

"Look, we can go somewhere safe and we will be away from everyone. No one has to know that I am here." He said walking toward me but I backed up.

I am weirded out now by all this shit.

"Back off." I said.

"Is this how you treat your boyfriend?" He asked.

"My boyfriend is dead." 

"I'm not dead. I am here standing in front of you  and ready to take you away from all of this and we can live on our own." 

Once Carl can see that I am not willing to go anywhere with him, he sighed.

"Fine. If I can't get you to come with me. There is something you have to do though." He said.

My heart was racing.

"And what is that?" I asked.

He looked at me serious. "Wake up." He said.