Chapter 34

Hey guys so here is another chapter.

This is the chapter with some part of the aftermath of the last chapter.

It is a filler and I think the next few chapters of this book will be fillers but I do have some exciting things planned so be on the look out for that.

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter.

Stay tuned for the next one.

*Ali's P.O.V*

I am currently laying down in the floor of Carl and I's... I mean nine bedroom.

It's only been a few days since I last saw Carl and I feel like shit. I haven't slept, eaten or showered. I know fucking smell but I'm not near anyone so does it really matter?

It was silent until I hear the door crack open and there was Michonne having a plate of food with her.

"Ali, you need to eat." She said.

"I'm not hungry." I said but then my stomach made a noise.

She tried to hold back a chuckle.

"It seems like you are. It's a sandwich but it's your favorite." She said setting it down next to me.

"Thanks." I said quietly.

"Ali, you know Carl wouldn't want you to be this way."

"I just want some time to myself."

She didn't say anything except nod.

"I'll be back soon to pick up any trash." Michonne said and then left the room.

I stared at the sandwich for a bit until I finally decided to eat. I take a bite and it felt good to eat. Like finally. It was the best sandwich I've ever eaten.

When I finished eating, I actually decided to get up and go take a shower.

I'll be able to be alone with my own thoughts.

I turn on the shower to have warm water and I undress slowly. I feel so weak the past couple of days and I look different. I can tell when I look in the mirror.

I sigh and then go into the shower.

I keep thinking about Carl.

Since the day I met him, I felt like I knew that he was going to be special. He saved me. He was and will always be my hero. He didn't have to save me but he did. I would've died if it wasn't for him.

He made me feel like I was actually loved and he was always there for me. He was always helping me and looking out for me.

He saved my ass way too many times and the one time he was in trouble, I couldn't save him.

I know Carl didn't want me to go with him when he went back to bring Siddiq back but for some reason I knew something was going to happen.

He had to hide it.

I felt like I knew I should've went with him and I would've saved him from the trouble.

I don't know how I'll be able to take on this world without Carl but I have to do it. I have to do it for him.

He wants me to be strong and I'll be strong for Carl.

I just wish Carl was here.

I finished my shower by washing my hair and my body and then I got out of it when I saw that my hands were starting to turn into raisins.

I grabbed a town and wrapped it around my body and I put a towel on top of my head to dry my hair. Then I went back to my room.

When I went back into my room, I looked through my clothes and I just stared in disgust at them. I didn't like them at the moment.

But then I looked at Carl's side of clothes. I couldn't help myself.

I slide on some jeans and then I grabbed a shirt of Carl's and also one of his flannels and slipped it on me.

I put some socks on my feet and a pair of my shoes.

When I look at myself in the mirror, I look better than I use to be. I take my hair out of the towel that was in my hair and let it down to let it be natural.

My appearance made it seem like I looked like this the past few days when I really didn't.

I was keeping it to myself for a bit until the door opened again and Michonne was back.

"Hey, you cleaned up." She smiled.

"I figured I'll try not to look too disgusting." I say with a small smile.

"Well you look nice." She said with a sad smile.

She pretty much knows that I'm wearing Carl's clothes and I think she finds it sweet.

"Thank you." I said.

"As I said earlier, I'm getting your plate." She said and grabbed the empty plate that once had a sandwich on it.

"Are you coming down?" She asks.

"I'll be down in a bit." I said and she nodded while walking out of the room.

It was nice that Michonne was looking out for me after what had transpired. I'm hoping to help her around too when I can and when I'm not in a slump.

I took deep breaths before finally decide to go to where Michonne was. I got to the living room and there was Rick and Michonne with Judith.

Rick got up and walked to me and hugged me tight.

"How you feeling, Ali?" He asked.

"I'm okay, I guess." I shrugged.

"Everything will be alright. I know it." Rick said patting my back.

Then he grabbed something and hands it to me.

"It's Carl's letter to you. I figured you wanna read it." Rick said.

I took the piece of paper out of his hands and hold it close to me.

"Thank you." I said and then went to find a quiet spot to read the letter.

I sit down against the wall and then open it.

"Dear Ali.."