Chapter 28

Okay hello guys. Author notes will now be at the top of the chapters.

I did say that I'll have a chapter before the new season of the walking dead. I'll be giving you this chapter early. I'm gonna vow to get this book done so here's a chapter. And yes, I'm back to writing chapters for this book if this wasn't already obvious.

I also wanna say that I'll no longer post chapters on Friday. I'll just post chapters whenever I feel like it so it could be every few days.

Hope you liked the chapter.

*Carl's P.O.V*

I have been on my own for the past two days. I have been wanting to have some alone time to myself.

I haven't been doing anything for this war because I really wasn't needed.

Dad was taking some of the group to the sanctuary and Aaron was doing the same. Then people like Tara and Jesus went after some as well and gonna go to Hilltop because they wanna do something different with the saviors which isn't really my business.

I'm not in charge of them.

Ali had been with Enid at the Hilltop. She should be returning soon so then I'll be with her again.

Ali doesn't want me in danger and it's hard on me for all of this.

I know what my plan is. I know I'm gonna have to go back and bring back that guy. He could be great to this community.

I know he can be and I can trust him.

I like giving people chances even though the world has gone to shit.

In a few days, I'll have to tell Ali that I'll be going on a run and that I would be going alone. I know that she would offer to come with me but I'm not gonna have that happen.

She's my girlfriend and I love her but I have to do certain things on my own.

Ali is going to be the only one to know this and I'm gonna be keeping quiet from everyone else. I'll even make sure to tell her that no one else can know.

Nobody else can know anyway because this is something I have to do myself and I really wouldn't want my dad to know because I know how he would react. This just has to happen and I don't care if anyone likes it or no.

Plus, I haven't even told her I loved her yet, I'm just waiting for the right time.

Cause the right time is the best time.

I'll be leaving very soon.

I leave my house and go outside because I didn't want to stay inside the house so long.

It seems so normal even though we live in this kind of world and it's amazing. I wish it can stay like this forever.

Even though majority of the people have left, there are some other people here and it brings a smile to my face.

This is what Alexandria should be like. It should be normal and we should be at peace.

We shouldn't be all into trying to ruin each other's lives.

Maybe there is peace and hope.

Maybe this can all go okay in the end. When it's all over with Negan and the saviors and then the aftermath can be that we all are living a best life and we're all happy.

Alexandria can be a better place and has more crops and better sightings. Negan is no longer the guy he is. He's the good guy and he's making peace with my dad.

It could be such a better world.

A world where we are working together and being together. It's just better.

There's still hope for Negan and the saviors. They just have to stop. We would have to stop.

There's room for all of us and I believe the saviors could be good people. There's still good in people in a world like this.

We have to stop everything.

But I wasn't going to until I can reach a point with Negan. That's something to do soon too.

While I was in my own world, I didn't even see Ali coming from a far distance.

I smiled just seeing her and then she ran into my arms.

I wrapped my arms around her and I laid my head on her shoulder.

"It's so good to see you again." She said.

"Yeah." I said.

I missed her so much and being with her again makes everything in this moment perfect.

"What's happening at the Hilltop?" I asked.

"Gregory came back from the sanctuary and he was trying to get back in which I think Maggie didn't wan to hear him say anything."

"Still an asshole, I see." I chuckled a bit.

"Then Tara and Jesus, came with saviors. I think Jesus was trying to say that they don't have to kill and that they can lock them up outside in like a closed gate. Gregory wasn't up for the idea." She said.

"I don't know what made Jesus do that kind of thing so it's surprising." I said scratching the back of my neck.

"He didn't explain it well enough." She said looking around Alexandria.

"Then Aaron came back as soon as I left. He was carrying a baby and he didn't have Eric with him." She said sadly.

Eric died. I feel so sorry for Aaron.

"That must've been hard on him." I said quietly.

"The look on his face literally said sadness. I felt so sorry for him but I didn't want to make him feel worse so I didn't say anything."

"That's the best you can do for now."

"I don't know when your dad is suppose to come back." She said.

"I'm not that worried right now. But I'm sure when he does come back, things will be okay at least." I shrugged.

"Soon." She said and hugged me again.

I really did miss hugging her. I feel at home when I'm with her.

"I bet your hungry, aren't ya?" I asked.

"I am a little bit." She smiled.

"Let's go. I can cook you something and we can catch up." I said and grabbed her hand.

She grabbed my hand and then we walked to the house.

Tomorrow, I'll have the talk with her about what I'm doing about the run but
what she doesn't know is me bringing back someone she doesn't trust.

It's time to do this on my own.