Chapter 4

*Ali's P.O.V*

I was in the Grimes's house taking care of Judith while Carl went out. I had saw him go out with Enid, who I already met. I don't know what the deal is between them two but it's not my business. I am just doing my own thing right now. I hope Carl comes back soon so that I can spend some time with him.

"Hey Ali." I heard someone say and I saw that it was Michonne.

"Hey." I said.

"Watching Judith?" She asked taking a seat on the couch.

"Yeah. I have nothing else to do so here I am."

"I am glad that you are here. I can tell that you are great with Carl already." she said smiling at me.

"I'm glad to be here as well." I said while handing Judith a toy and she took it.

"Is there anything going on between you two?" Michonne asked with a smile.

"I don't think so. At least not in that way."

"I can tell he is really attracted to you. I can see the way he acts when he is around you." She said trying to reason with me.

"He was my hero. He saved my life. I'll probably be dead if he didn't come and save me. He's like my protector. He's just a really sweet guy and I am blessed to have met him and I wouldn't want to be away from him. I owe him a lot even if he thinks that I don't." I said looking at her and she nodded at me.

"That's our Carl for you. He always loves saving people. He's happy."

"I'm happy too. I like being here."

"So what do you do around here?" I asked her.

I had remembered that I only asked Carl that question and I haven't gotten to know anyone else around here really. I was too busy being with Carl so now that he is gone for a bit, I can get some time to get to know some of these people that live here and see what they do and how their life is like.

"There are times where I would go out hunting with Rick. Like we would go search for supplies and sometimes we can come across walkers and for me I take them out easily because of my katana. That's kinda what I really do. I just fight." She shrugged.

"I suppose other people do the same?" I raised my eyebrow.

"Everyone around here is different. All of us can fight but even though the ones that do fight, they have other things to do as well." She explained.

"Carl said that he is wanting to takeover the leader role when his dad isn't being the leader." I said.

"Yeah, that is true. That's why you don't see Carl out too much. First, it's because he's taking care of Judith and second, it's because he doesn't want to go out. He knows what to do whether he is out or not. Like right now, I know he is out and that is because he wants to. He is doing everything he can so that this can be safe and also making it safe for you." She said very serious.

"Does he have added pressure?" I asked very curious about Carl. I don't know much about the guy so I wanna see how his life went when I wasn't there.

"I don't think there is pressure but I know that he tries his hardest when he is doing something because again he is Rick's son. Carl can struggle a bit but that's okay because we all go through something."

"Has he always been going through something since he lost his mom?"

"I think so but I can tell how strong he is. He would do anything to make sure this place is better for everyone. He can fight. He is tough."