Chapter 33

Here is another chapter.

This chapter takes place after what happens in the last chapter. The book just took another turn.

There's still a lot to put in this book so it's not over.

I hope you liked this chapter and stay tuned for the next one.

*Ali's P.O.V*

I still couldn't believe what was happening. I can't believe this even happened at all.

My boyfriend.

Carl.

He got bit.

It was just so quiet and I don't even have the words to say anything. But I would have to say some words eventually.

I just don't know.

"Dad, it's all right. It's gotta be." Carl said.

Then Carl took something out.

"I wasn't sure if you make it back before but just in case. I wanted to make sure I was able to say goodbye." Carl said and handed his father a stack of letters.

Rick takes a hold of the letters.

"No, it's them. It's them." Rick said.

"No, I got bit. I was bringing someone back." Carl said.

"His name is Siddiq." Carl then said.

"I saw him at the gas station. It wasn't the saviors. It just happened, I got bit." Carl said.

"You're a doctor?" Rick asked Siddiq.

"Yeah, I was a resident before." Siddiq said.

"And your names Siddiq?"

"Yes."

I don't really care for Siddiq being here, whether he's a doctor or not. I didn't trust him the moment I saw him at the gas station when I went with Carl and I had no intention in even being near him. But Carl being the good guy he is, he brought him to Alexandria.

"How you feel?" I asked Carl quietly.

"I feel weak but when I have you with me, I feel strong. It's that affect you have on me." He said with a small smile on his face.

"I just can't believe this is happening to you." I said.

"I would've rather it be me instead of you." He whispered.

"I guess I wasn't always first." I said trying to make a joke out of it.

"You were always our first but then when something like this happens, I have to put myself first. You need to live." He said.

The rest of the group were talking about going to Hilltop and Rick, Michonne and I knew that we would have to take Carl out of this sewer.

"Let me say goodbye to Judith first." Carl said.

So we sit Carl up and then Rick took a hold of Judith.

Carl took a deep breath and then started to talk to Judith.

Awww their last talk as brother and sister. My heart is not okay and I'm not ready for this goodbye between the two.

"You be good, okay. For Michonne. For dad. For Ali. You gotta honor them. Listen when they tell you stuff, you don't have to always. Sometimes the kids gotta show their parents the way." He started to say.

Then he grabbed his hat.

"This was dad's before it was mine. Now it's yours." Carl said holding it.