Chapter 40

Connor looks into the rear-view mirror while glancing at his younger brother lightly stroking Eve's pale cheeks in admiration and love.

Focusing back on the road, Connor pulls into the parking in front of their parents' house. Climbing out Connor opens the door for Asher as his brother carries Eve's sleeping and shivering body into his room.

Once they reached Asher's room, Asher lays Eve down on his bed gently while Connor got her some blankets to warm her up. Neither of the two wanted to wake Eve up to let her shower.

Throwing the blanket over Eve's shivering body; both Connor and Asher leave her to rest.

Eve has been asleep for almost more than two hours and since then Asher hasn't stopped passing up and down in Connor's bedroom while pulling his hair every fifteen minutes.

"Connor why would she do that?" Asher says before plopping down in the old green beanbag chair in the corner of Connor's room.

"Maybe she just wanted some fresh air." Connor says, Asher raises his eyebrow at his brother giving him a 'There is enough fucking fresh air in her whole house'.

"Asher perhaps she is going through something." Connor says, Asher looks at his brother knowing he has a point there.

"She has been acting strange well this whole year but more recently." Asher says in a defeated voice.

"Why don't you do something together then? To get her mind of things." Connor suggested Asher leans his head back before staring at the ceiling thinking about his girl.

~Beginning of flashback~

"Beagle?" Asher asks while turning on his side to look at Eve who is admiring the clouds floating above them.

"Yeah Ash?" Eve ask not taking her eyes of the beautiful clouds.

Her mind wondering how it would feel to be a bird flying around in the sky not having a care in the world.

"What is your idea of a date to get your mind off of things?" Asher asks turning on her side and resting her head on her arm Eve looks into Asher's eyes with a bright smile.

"I'd want to fly." Eve says Asher scrunches his eyebrows in confusion not understanding.

"Fly?" Asher asks while stroking Eve's cheek, closing her eyes Eve nods her head at him.

"Why?" Asher asks opening her eyes Eve gives him a small smile before tracing her fingers over his jaw.

"All of us have wings Ash. I want to use mine to fly, maybe when we fly above the earth well come to notice just how unbelievable it is." Eve says, pulling her closer Asher softly kisses her on her lips while resting his one hand behind her neck and the other one on her waist.

~End of flashback~

-

Eve was once again blindfolded for some unknown reason to her, but what she doesn't know is that the boy she has been in love with for so long is going to make one of her wishes true.

Asher elegantly guides Eve towards the surprise while feeling his nervous hoping and praying to God that she loves what he has done.

Coming to a stop Asher removes the blindfold from Eve's eyes, adjusting her eyesight.

Eve gasp at the sight in front of her. Colorful air balloons are all around her with the envelopes laying on the ground and people getting into the baskets or some even landing.

Turning around Eve wraps her arms around nervous Asher's neck before hugging him to death. Leaning her head against his with a bright smile Eve feels Asher resting his hands on her hips.

"Thank you." Eve whispers, opening their eyes Eve and Asher make their way towards the floating contraptions.

Eve, Asher and an elderly man operating the hot air balloon gets into the basket, Asher wraps his arms around Eve's waist from behind as the ,a ties something into the burners and the basket.

A large fan starts to inflate cold air into the envelope, the burner's stars to heat starting to fill the envelope enough lifting them of the ground.

The hot air balloon moves over the obstacles that are high, ensuring the couple a breath-taking view as the sun shines an orange mixture as it starts to set.

"Beagle?" Asher asks while he is still resting his head on Eve's shoulder.

"Mmmm." Eve says while staring at the view feeling peaceful, relaxed.

Something she hasn't had the last year, the things she has been missing.

"My love for you has grown stronger but also my fear about losing you." Asher whispers, Eve folds her arms tighter around Asher's feeling her heart break.

Eve feels tears slowly sliding down her cheek as she stares ahead of her unsure of what to do and what to feel.

Another sunset gone, another breath, another moment shortened.

What do you guys think? Please leave comments and vote my lovely reader's xx – ShyGirl3107

P.S. I am open for cover pics!