Chapter 06 

When Eve got home after a peaceful day which usually felt like hell, she made sure to wash the only plate in the sink. She danced her chicken moves to Thunder by Imagine Dragons, wiping the plate of as the beat dies down Eve glances around the big kitchen shaking her head.

Putting the plate in its place Eve made her way up to her bedroom to get ready for dinner at six with the two satins she calls 'parents'.

Grabbing a simple blue-sleeved dress, Eve quickly gets dressed before doing simple make-up and curling the ends of her hair. Finishing Eve grabs her phone, purse, and starts walking towards the restaurant.

Eve smiles softly while glancing at the stars shinning above her head, crying out to her, knowing her pain and somehow wishing that they can take it away. The soft breeze kisses Eve's cheek softly as a tear threatens to escape from her eyes.

When the restaurant comes into view Eve sighs when she doesn't see her parent's car yet, maybe their running late? Yeah, that must be it.

Entering the restaurant, the waiter shows Eve the table she had reserved for tonight. Telling the waiter, she wants some decafe coffee, the waiter gives her a wink before getting her coffee.

Eve scrolls through her internet fee while she is waiting; glancing at the clock on her phone she lets out an irritated sigh, thinking about how they forgot once again.

Signalling the young waiter over from earlier, Eve feels a part of her breaking when he gives her a small smile.

"Yes?" He asks, looking down at her phone Eve doesn't notice any messages making tears start to build up in her eyes.

"J-Just the account please." Eve says with a croaked voice, nodding his head the waiter places his hand on Eve's shoulder giving her a friendly smile before walking away to get the bill.

Unlocking her phone Eve gets lost in her thought about how she was actually going to tell her parents but they didn't even bother to show up.

Eve goes into one of her parents contact details, her finger lingers over the call button before her head decides for her, making her shut if her phone. Paying the bill Eve exits the restaurant while folding her arms around herself.

Continuing to walk towards the park, Eve continues to look at the ground while walking towards her favorite park bench that is coming into view Eve barely notices a familiar and warm figure following her.

Sitting down on the bench, Eve closes her eyes enjoying the summer breeze hitting her face, thinking about how she'll miss it. Silent tears slowly slide down Eve's pale cheeks; meantime Asher is standing behind his best friend not understanding why she is crying.

Clearing his throat, Eve snaps out of her daze turning her head Eve sees Asher standing there with a worried look. Without hesitation Eve runs into her best friend's already open arms, crying into his chest.

Asher rubs Eve's back in a soothing manner while guiding the pair to the bench. Asher feels his heart break at the sight of Eve crying, Eve isn't one for showing when she is sad but now, right this moment:

Can be an exception for both of them.

Resting her head on Asher's shoulder, Eve feels like her world is crumbling down. Why is it, when Eve needs her parents the most they are gone? Nowhere to be seen, half the kids in school speculates that Eve doesn't even have parents or that she is a runaway.

"It's alright my Beagle." Asher whispers into Eve's curled brown hair, kissing the temple of her head. She feels him brushing his fingers ever so slightly up and down her arm.

"They had one thing to remember Asher, o-one thing. Dinner that's it." Eve says with a shaky and heartbroken voice, squeezing Eve's shoulder Asher pulls her closer to his body not knowing what to do.

Asher knew her parents weren't very attentive in her life but Eve never bothered to show that it bothered her, glancing at Eve, Asher has no idea what to do about her parents, wishing he can help sooth her pain, if Eve will let him.

The both of the sit in silence while Asher just holds his little Eve flower, shrugging off his black leather jacket Asher drapes it over Eve's cold shoulder while trying to get her warm.

"Everything will be alright my Beagle." Asher whispers, usually Asher's words would bring comfort to Eve but not this time.

How Eve wishes Asher could have been more wrong, but nothing is going to be all right.

What do you guys think? Please leave comments and vote my lovely reader's xx – ShyGirl3107

P.S. I am open for cover pics!