Chapter 08 

When Eve woke up the next day she felt exhausted, glancing at her clock she lets out a sigh before throwing her cover off to stand up. When Eve finally stood up it felt like she was being hit by a titanium truck, stumbling backwards Eve's grabs her nightstand for support until the dizziness fades.

Taking a few deep breaths Eve head towards her bathroom, when she reaches her mirror; Eve can't help but advert her gaze towards the floor tiles, her skin is as pale as snow, her lips as blue as the daylight and her eyes are now dull and lifeless not holding the sparkle they used to.

Finishing her morning routine Eve walks downstairs stairs leaning against the railing for support, when Eve enters the kitchen she notices a sticky note on the fridge making tears build up in her brown eyes.

'Don't call. We're busy. Evangeline & Derick.'

Crumbling up the lifeless piece of paper, Eve throws it away before grabbing her iPhone and her schoolbag quietly while leaving the big empty house once again.

Walking towards Royce and Ryan's house Eve stops in her tracks when she sees their mother smuttering them in kisses and hugs.

Eve sometimes wonder what it's like to have a smuttering mother than an absent mother.

The joy, love and irritation are visible on both twins but Mrs. Macromere is staring at her twins with the most admiration. Waving goodbye to their over barring but loving mother the twins wipe of the lipstick on their cheeks bumping their shoulder's against one another while walking towards Eve.

Both twins sense Eve's sadness, the twins decide to give her a bear hug or actually a group bear hug.

"Cupcake look at us?" Royce asks while cupping Eve's face making her look at him, keeping her eyes on her shoes Eve feels Royce wiping away the tears before pulling her towards his chest.

If there is one thing the twins know about Eve is when she is sad she doesn't want to talk about it, all she need are her guys at her side and a hug or two from them.

"Shhhh Cupcake." Royce whispers while stroking Eve's hair, Eve feels numb, emotionless as she stands in his arms before pulling away and wiping away the tears of her pale skin. Ryan stares at Eve worriedly before giving her a small smile and pulling her into his side.

The three continued to walk in silence to school; it consisted of Ryan holding Eve to his side while she leaned her head against him. Half the way the other brother tried to make jokes, to make Eve laugh.

-

Resting her head on the cold metal table, Eve enjoys the feeling before her friends start to arrive one for one at the table. Eve started to have a fever since second period and her dizziness hasn't disappeared. Eve's phone vibrates again causing her to groan and throw it across the lunchroom.

"What's wrong Beagle?" Looking up Eve sees Asher bending down and picking up her broken phone. Sitting next to Eve, Eve just shakes her head at Asher before closing her eyes and leaning her head against his shoulder.

Asher folds his arm around Eve's waist pulling her closer to him; a piece of hair suddenly falls in her face but just like previous times Asher beats her to it.

Opening her eyes, Eve sees Asher giving her a worried look when he places his hand on her head feeling her fever causing his eyes to widen.

"Jesus Beagle, you're burning up." Asher says with a worried look, cupping Eve's face between his hand concern is clearly written in his eyes. Eve pulls away causing Asher to sigh before kissing the top of her head.

"Ash I'm fine." Eve tells him, but the truth was it sounded more like Eve was trying to convince herself. Giving her the 'Yeah and I'm Shrek'-look, Eve continues to lay with her head against Asher's shoulder as silence envelopes them.

"HELLO MY MINIONS!" Eve and Asher yells a familiar voice say, scrunching her eyebrows Asher strokes Eve's hair, kissing her hot head every few minutes while whispering comforting words to her.

"Hi Rachel." Eve hears another voice say; deciding not to be rude Eve opens her eyes to see Becca giving Rachel a kiss while sitting down next to her. It's actually a sweet moment between the two of them until Eve starts to feel her stomach turn.

Jumping up from her seat Eve races towards the girls bathroom while Becca says she'll go after Eve to make sure she is doing okay, Asher thought she grew two head or maybe was drugged but Rachel slapped him as Becca was already walking away.

As Becca walks into the bathroom she hears the toilet flush, Eve soon after walks out before washing her hands. Eve lets out a yelp when she sees Becca standing there awkwardly.

"Are you sick Eve?"

-

Asher's foot starts to bounce when the second become minutes when Eve and Becca still hasn't returned. Rachel throws Asher an irritated glance before throwing him with one of her carrot sticks.

"Seriously they will be fine." Rachel says, just that second Ryan, Royce and Amy sit down at the table.

"What will be fine?" Royce asks while taking a bite of his cupcake.

"Eve wasn't feeling well so Becca went after her to make sure she is okay." Rachel says as if it is nothing; Royce starts to choke on his cupcake while Ryan slaps the back of his brother's back in shock.

"O dear God, my poor Cupcake is too young to die."

What do you guys think? Please leave comments and vote my lovely reader's xx – ShyGirl3107

P.S. I am open for cover pics!