Chapter 37 

Leaning against his truck Asher searches the parking lot for Eve. Turning his attention back at his friends Asher shakes his head at their how insane they are.

Ryan and Rachel are busy having thumb wars, which Rachel is winning. Amy and Becca are busy talking about some hot new actor in a movie while Royce looks at Amy like a lost puppy not getting attention.

A full blown smile appears on Asher's face. Walking over to Eve, Asher picks her up while hugging the living stars out of her. Pulling away, Asher lightly kisses Eve's lips before kissing her temple.

"That's one way to say hello." Eve whispers, Asher smiles down at her before cupping her cheek and kissing her again.

"No, that's one way to greet my girlfriend." Asher says Eve and Asher hear a squeal coming from beside them, turning their attention towards the sound they see both Becca and Amy bouncing up and down in excitement.

"You're together?" Rachel suddenly asks Eve buries her face in Asher's chest hiding herself from their friends.

"Yeah." Asher says casually, Asher suddenly feels a pat on his back coming from both the twins.

"Grew some balls I see." Royce says Asher just shakes his head before throwing them a glare at the word 'balls' in front of his angel.

"Well I'm happy you're finally together." Amy says.

"Finally?" Eve asks while looking at her blond friend.

"We kind of thought you'd ask her when you met." Rachel says casually while throwing her arm around her girlfriend's shoulder.

Becca blushes before looking down, holding her hand out to Eve the girls snatch Eve away from Asher to get every vivid detail.

"I just got her as my girlfriend and now they kidnap her." Asher mumbles, Royce laughs at his friend while Ryan walks in silence next to them into school.

"Welcome to couple life. " Royce says Asher shakes his head at Royce before opening the door leading to the lockers.

"Ryan are you okay?" Asher suddenly asks, Asher noticed Ryan being quiet the last few weeks and not him silly self.

Earlier in the parking lot Rachel basically had to force Ryan to participate in thump wars, usually he is the first one to start it. Staying quiet for a moment Ryan puts on a fake smile before answering.

"Yeah sorry, I'm happy for you and Eve." Ryan says before opening his locker and taking his books. Asher immediately knew something is off when Ryan didn't call Eve Princess like he generally does.

-

Ryan looked down at the envelope lying in front of him, a few weeks prior Eve had send him a letter but he never had the courage to open it.

Opening the letter, Ryan feels the tears build up in his eyes while reading the letter.

Dear Ryan,

You've been distant from us for a while now so I decided to bring back good old times and write you a letter like any normal person would.

The look you have in your eyes is an all too familiar look I know, the look of not wanting to get out of bed or putting up a fake smile to get through the day to just go back to the darkness afterwards.

Sleep.

Ryan I know I might not always have the right words to say, heck even our English teacher says my essays suck. I just want you to know that I am here for you and everything you are feeling right now.

I've also felt.

Please talk to us or at least someone, I can bear the thought of losing one of my closest friends dying being cause of depression.

You might tell me, you would never do that; but I know there are days you just want to take a mouthful of those chemicals and let the pain and the loneliness go away.

But Ryan, don't give into that urge. You are one brave soldier destined for brave things in this dark and hollow world.

Just remember, life is short and to live each moment like it could be your last but never be the reason it is your last.

Yours truly

Princess Eve

What do you guys think? Please leave comments and vote my lovely reader's xx – ShyGirl3107

P.S. I am open for cover pics!