Chapter- 1

And so it begins again. 😜

Noah's P

Noah's P.O.V-

I, Noah Carter was bored. That's right, you heard me, I'm crazy bored.

My beautiful fiancé is at work right now. She was an intern at a psychologists practice. The one her father actually went to every week.

That's right, Robby went to therapy and Harper 'practiced' sit downs with him when she wasn't at the office and they weren't hanging out 'normally.'

Being her father, it surprised me how he could tell her such personal feelings. Some things just should be left to the actual professionals.

Not that Harper wasn't studying to become one and didn't know her stuff but... again, he was her father.

He had told me how intuitive and helpful she's been. More so than his psychologist sometimes.

I mean I guess I shouldn't be surprised, their relationship wasn't in the least bit conventional.

None of our relationships were conventional.

Look at how Harper and I started out. Thinking we were related. But I have to say that I could feel it. Even if I didn't know it at the time.

Deep down my subconscious knew.

If I had stayed around and helped Linda raise Harper, our relationship never would have ended up the way that it did.

Nurturing and raising Harper from a child to an adult would have completely changed the way I saw her.

But it wasn't like that. I officially 'met' her when she was seventeen. Beautifully, gorgeous and irresistibly seventeen.

Once we found out that Robby was Harpers real father we publicized the shít out of that knowledge. Everyone had to know immediately.

His family, my family, Linda, all my coworkers. My lawyers and friends. Matilda. I even did several interviews where I gave away every little detail that I found necessary.

The one thing that I refused anyone though was an interview with Harper. If I could keep her out of the public eye I would.

Of course my reach only went so far.

There were rumors about our engagement. About how much of an age gap there was between the two of us.

I was 34 at the time and of course Harper had just turned 18.

A year later and the gossip had died down tremendously. I was so grateful that Harper wasn't afraid to wear her ring now and let the world know.

But again, now that the world knew- they wanted to know Harper. Badly.