"... the evil egg ..."

Song ^ or >

PS there will be a change in POV so be sure to look for the bold letters with Myles' name or Harper's

Don't forget to vote and comment ❤️

Harper

It's been about a month since I sent in my resume and portfolio for the job. I hadn't received a single call, that is until now.

I rushed towards my phone, quickly pushing the button to accept the call.

Hello, may I speak to Ms. Harper Riley.

I wiped my already sweaty palms on the front of my jeans with my phone tucked firmly in between my ear and shoulder.

"This is she," I said as calmly as possible.

This is Kayla Reed, manager of the Dallas Cowboys. Congratulations Ms. Riley, you have been selected to meet with the me for an interview, where we will ask you a few questions, to see how you will mesh with the rest of the team. We are also meeting with two other candidates. If at all possible we would like to meet with you tomorrow, if it isn't too short of notice.

I couldn't believe it. My eyes were huge and my heart was hammering. With as little shake in my voice as possible I said, "Tomorrow works perfectly."

Perfect we will see you at 9 o'clock tomorrow morning at the stadium. Come in the main gate and there will be a security detail to lead you to the designated office. See you tomorrow Ms. Riley.

"Thank you so much Mrs. Reed, I'll see you tomorrow," I said with excitement lacing my voice.

I look forward to it.

And with that the line went dead. My phone dropped from my hands, and my feet left the ground as I jump with joy.

I quickly messaged Logan and called my parents telling them the news, since we no longer lived together. Of course they were happy for me. Logan was almost as excited as I was.

Almost.

I went up to my room and picked out an outfit that I knew would look professional, yet tasteful at the same time.

It was a pair of black jeans, with no rips. I also wore a white blouse with a white blazer paired on top. And to finish it, I added some nude pumps and a tan purse.

That night I went to bed with a smile, gracing my lips

***

The next morning I woke up oddly nauseous. Though I wasn't ill enough to fully vomit. I waved it off, thinking that the neasea was because I had yet to eat.

I decided to go make myself breakfast. Digging through my fridge the only thing I could find to cook was eggs.

Putting them on the pan, I made my eggs exactly how I always have.