CHAPTER 35

Things were changed. The physical distance brought hard time with a big misunderstanding. It was his most dreadful birthday.
Because of a bad dream, Suraj woke up startled and things got worse when he saw Nitibha lying beside him.
He became furious on her, calling in the old maid to wake her up. Even the maid looked at him in a disgusted way. He couldn't understand anything.
The maid waked up Nitibha, who acted being startled on how she landed up in Suraj's room. Suraj thundered on her, "How the hell did you come in my room!!!???"
"Sir last night you were drunk...when we left the ball....then you were not letting me go... you only said I should....!", She blurted out.
"Are you mad or what!! I was drunk...??? Do I even drink??? Get lost you....!", He felt the urge to abuse her, when his head pained as if it will tear apart. Despite this he tried to remember what happened last night.
"I was in the ball...then I suddenly felt tired...driver left me here...I changed ....and went to bed....!", Things were blur but he was in his senses to recall enough.
But yet to confirm, he called in the maid, "At what time did I return...?? I was alone na..?? Did anyone come after me..??"
Nitibha was shamelessly standing at a corner seeing him, in a baffled state.
"Suraj...I saw you coming at 10, when you were going into your room. You told all the servants not to wait for you and go to bed, so everyone was in the outhouse except me!", She told him, with disgust and hate, sounding clear in her voice.
"What did you see?"
"I have told you.", there was defiance in her voice and Suraj stood up to find the reason. However, his feet stumbled a bit. He was definitely under a spell of some alcoholism.

The sixty years old lady, was a maid but yet a mother figure. She felt a right on Suraj to point on what wrong or right he did. And definitely it was Suraj who gave her the right.

"Aunt! Tell me what happened?", He wanted to know why she's so rude.
Suraj was devastated on hearing what she told next, "Chakor came last night!"

A gush of emotions ran through him, because he understood what the hell has happened. His state was enough to tell the maid that he is now aware of the damage.
"Last night Chakor called me asking if you are home or not, because she wanted to surprise you. She sneaked in your room with a cake she brought for you and after almost half an hour, she came out in a devastated state, took her bags and went away. I tried to stop her, but she left! When I came back to see what happened, I saw this girl with you, in a wrong way!"

Suraj's world seemed to come down shattering. It was a misunderstanding, but Chakor must be hurt to no bounds.
He at once picked up his phone, "6:30 am"
It's hours since she has left. His heart started pounding hard.
He dialled her number once, twice, thrice...only to be answered that the number is not reachable. His heart twitched more. He felt terrible.
He called Arhaan, who told him about Chakor's transfer. However, Arhaan wondered how come Suraj doesn't know about this. Suraj swayed it off saying Chakor was playing around with him.
Gathering a lot of courage, Suraj called at his home, Lucknow.
After almost six times dialing the parent's number, one was picked up.
Kn answered it, "Yes!". His voice was plain and blunt. Suraj in one instant knew Chakor was in Lucknow, and that provided him relief. She was safe at least. He realized he's still on call, "Dad!"
"Don't call me that! You are a disappointment!", Kn said as he hung up the phone.
Suraj sat there holding his head. The damage was indeed great. He then called Chakor's father. He didn't pick the phone. He tried again but then the phone was switched off. No one picked up his phone.
He at last, called Chakor but the number was still not reachable.

He looked up at the maid, who brought him a lemon juice. Nitibha at some point, sneaked out of the room. Suraj knew why and how Chakor felt insecure about her. Things were crystal clear. But everything was blacked out. No way to clean up the mess again.

"You should go to Lucknow and try to make her understand.", The maid suggested him as she knew he's not at fault. His current state said everything.
He nodded in no, "She must be hating me right now!"
"She can be angry at you, she can never hate you!", This gave him a hope and composed himself to stand up. He took a pain killer and got ready in haste to reach his love and hug her as soon as possible. Because he knew once he's near her, she will not be able sustain her anger even!

He was about to move when his phone rang. He picked it up. It was from Police superintendent.
"Sir! A bridge has wrecked down. Almost hundred deaths have been reported. We need you."
His condition grew worse. What to chose?
"Okay I am coming!", he said thinking Chakor will be even more angry knowing he staked so many lives just to persuade her.

Work dumped like a load on him. He was crushed between the accident site, hospital, media and his phone! Even after too much of professional tension, he called Chakor in every half an hour or fifteen minutes, only to get disappointment in return. He never felt this helpless, even not when Chakor was away from him last time.

He was in his office, commanding his officers to perform the rescue operation in a smart way, when Nitibha got into his cabin.
Suraj's eyes shot red death glare. After the officers went away, he rushed to her holding her hair in a firm way, making sure it pains her.
"You have to take my one last command!"
She stammered, "yes...sir..."
"Go! Call my dad! And tell him everything what you did."
Tears appeared her eyes, "Sir please it's hurting!"
He left her with so much hatred that she would burn off in his rage.
With this incident, the beast in him was awake and it couldn't bear how this cheap woman made things worse for him. And on top of that standing shamelessly in front of him. He threw on her a letter of suspension saying, "I'll make sure your life is hell now!"
"Sir kn sir already called me and I have told him everything!", Suraj's eyes shot out.
"What did you tell!?", He almost roared.
"About everything that's between us!", She blurted out.
"And what the hell do you think it is!!!!???", If eyes could kill, Nitibha would have been dead till now.
"Love!", And his world was torn into even smaller pieces.

****
You all must be hating me right now;) but don't worry, I am not that cruel. Love needs to be exposed to the worst, so that it can come up as best!
And it's not a misunderstanding track like it is in serials and you'll get it soon. Stay tuned.
Much love!