CHAPTER 1:

"So Arhaan, try to get over with your work as soon as possible. said Suraj trying to adjust himself comfortably on the couch.
"Don't worry boss! I won't be late. said Arhaan.
"It's your engagement today. Finish your work soon else your would be wife will curse me. with a smirk. And don't dare to come for these ten days, I understand that work is important but family has equal significance. "he continued.
"Boss, I am done. Just your signature is needed. He excitedly said.
"OK! I'll sign it. Now get lost! "He said pretending to be annoyed.
"Yup, I am going. And I wish you would have come. But it's OK. Well no excuses for the marriage. said as he left.
Soon after Suraj's mother called.
M:so son, are you ready to meet her or another lame excuse.
S:mom, today I skipped my PA's engagement just to meet her or you will kill me.
M:good! By the way, tell me how was the photo. She perfectly suits you. Na...
S:I don't care. I know you and dad will always choose best for me.
M:ok,then meet you at her place.
Suraj Rajvanshi, a free spirited young IAS officer. The hero of our story who loves his family, his work, his profession and his status. He had an easier option in life i.e., to become the CEO of Rajvanshi groups as a successor of his father. But he desired respect more than money that he got from his profession a plenty.
He was among the top rankers of the civil service examination 2016 due to his hard work and interest towards the subject.
He had many friends but spent very little time with them. But still the quality the friendship was far too better. Shashwat, one of his best friend and also an IAS officer posted in North Delhi , was the one with whom he was closest. And this closeness was the outcome of their childhood togetherness.
Presently, Suraj was going to meet a girl with his parents to her place. The girl named, Chakor was the first ever girl he was going to meet for marriage purpose. Shashwat was their common friend. And no wonder, Shashwat only made a first attempt to try this combination.
Suraj's parents were hell delighted at this. They liked Chakor very much and were excited to see her beside their only beloved son.
At Chakor's home, everything was prepared. Suraj's parents were already their seated with Chakor's and were excitedly discussing about their children when Suraj entered. He was dressed in a black shirt and blue jeans. Everyone present their welcomed him.
After few minutes of interrogation of Suraj by Chakor's father, he ordered the maid to ask Chakor to come down.
Few moments passed. Chakor entered the scene. She was coming down the stairs eyes bent down, one hand holding the stairholder, another busy with her dupatta. She was wearing a black frock suit that had blue and pink embroidery. With sudden silence, Suraj lifted his eyes up only to find his would be wife coming towards him. His stomach started jogging, it seemed to him that all butterflies and birds were jumping inside. He was mesmerized seeing her beauty. She was simple and sober. He couldn't move his eyes off her but the ringtone of his phone broke his reverie. He asked to be excused and went to receive the call. It took good five minutes. When he came back, he saw her sitting very next to his place. He stopped for a moment but just then his mother asked him to sit beside her. He sat there only to notice that she was constantly looking down at her fingers clutched between her dupatta when suddenly her mother says-
"She speaks very less among new people but when she gets involved, she talks a plenty.
Suraj's mother replies, "please don't worry. My son is just her opposite. He will mould her like him.
Suraj's father,ok then, enough of our interrogation. Now I think they should have some spare time to talk if no one has any problem.
Chakor's mother asks her to take Suraj to her room. Chakor stands up and signals Suraj to follow her where Suraj nods her inyes.
They reach her room. They doesn't close the door or they rather kept it wide opened. Suraj took a place on couch and She sits next to him.
.
.
.
.
Few moments passed. There was no words only silence spoke when Suraj decided to break the silence.
Suraj: so...we don't know anything about each other.
Chakor said hesitantly, actually, I know you since last year when your result came.
Suraj,Wow, so nice of you. By the way my mother told me that you are a IAS aspirant and you have qualified the prelims.
Chakor,yes I did. My mains results are soon to arrive and I will have my interview in coming three months.
Suraj,, good then tell me something about yourself with a smile.
Chakor first hesitated a bit but then continued, "actually I don't want to marry. I mean not so soon. But at the same time I can't refuse my parents.
Suraj, Can tell me the reason? simultaneously understanding her reason to not refuse her parents.
Chakor continued, "actually I wouldn't have minded it if it would have been after my selection. But since my parents are shifting to London, they want me to get settled here, in India. But how I will manage everything when I have to pour myself completely in my studies. I hope you understand.Thus,I want you to reject me.
Suraj smirked and asked, "And what reason I must give?
Chakor, Anything you want. I don't mind that.
Suraj, But if I say that my situation is same as you. I mean like you I too can't refuse my parents. Then? Chakor exasperated, "Butt...she was about to say something when her mother called her. They were left with their talk in between.
Downstairs, everyone was smiling when they came . They were asked to stand close for a photo. After the photo session ,Chakor was asked to tell if she is alright with Suraj as his life partner. She unwillingly said,yes. Only Suraj could see her exasperation but he also had no option so said "yes.
Their families started to make plans and had dinner together. While Chakor's face was completely dull. Suraj too was happy but was sad that he couldn't do anything for her. The families forced their children to exchange numbers which later proved to be very helpful.
After three four days, Chakor's father called Suraj's father and informed him that the pandit told them to perform the marriage in two weeks or else it can only take place after four months. After a plenty of discussion, it was decided to organize the engagement in three days and marriage after seven days.
Chakor and Suraj both were shocked at this sudden announcement. In this ecstasy of fumbling, Chakor decided to meet Suraj at a coffee shop.
Both reached the place on time. Suraj decided to handle this in his own way.
Suraj,Hi, be seated.
Chakor, "Suraj, please try to understand me.
Suraj, oh come on girl. Don't overreact. For girls, marriage is like a dream come true. 
Chakor,I never dreamt of marriage like a typical girl would do.composing herself.
Suraj,I know.Actually,that is one of the reasons that I am interested in you.with a smirk
Chakor,So you are not going to say no to your family. Trying to be calm.
Suraj,No with a wink. "As you can't refuse your family, I too can't do that. And I think there is nothing wrong in this. After marriage, we will live in Delhi because I am posted there. You have your whole time to study as my family won't be there. And you don't need to do any of my work as I do my all work on my own.
Chakor,Suraj,I think I will soon fall in hatred with you. with completely irritated expressions.
Suraj, oh really! I don't think so rather you'll love me soon. Muttered in himself but Chakor heard it.
She left from there without bidding him a bye. Suraj wasn't sorry as he expected this.
At night, Suraj tried to call her but she rejected the call each time.
Then Suraj texted her.
S: Chakor I am sorry.
C: why are you irritating me.
S: Because you have misunderstood me.I tried that day to refuse my parents but they said tome that since you are ready for this, they cannot take their words back. It will hurt you.
C:OK Suraj no need for further explanation. Good night. Bye.
Next, they met on the day of their engagement. Suraj was wearing a blue shirt, black jeans and a white blazer. Chakor was wearing a off shoulder gown of blood red colour.She looked extremely beautiful that night. There were very less people in the party which included both the families, sukor's friend Shashwat and Suraj's PA Arhaan.
Suraj many times tried to talk with Chakor but she ignored him. She didn't even look at him. Suraj was hurt seeing her like this. But he knew that she won't be able to sustain her anger for long.
Rings were exchanged and first time he saw Chakor smiling. His mother gave her the shagun. May be she was happy now or happy because her parents were happy.
When everyone was seated in the hall talking and having fun. Chakor went to her room. Suraj saw this and he was desperate to talk to her so he went behind her. When he entered the room, he saw Chakor admiring herself in the mirror holding the ring which Suraj made her wear. Her reverie was broken when Suraj tapped her from behind. She turned around to see Suraj smiling. She changed her expression to anger and wanted to walk away when Suraj held her by her hand and said, I wonder how one can look so beautiful!
Chakor trying to free her hand, "Don't try to flirt with me!
Suraj pulls her and her back bumped into his chest, Chakor! Just four days and then you will be my personal property.
Chakor,Leave me Suraj! I am trying my best to accept all this. Please don't make it difficult for me.
Suraj left her and said,you have accepted what our parents wanted.You are compromising with yourself.I know you don't want to marry me.Lets go and tell them.I don't know about you but I am going to say no.
Chakor was shocked. She didn't expect that Suraj will be so hurt with her behavior.
Suraj was about to leave when Chakor stopped him. She said, Suraj please I am sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you. Actually this all is so sudden that it is hard for me to digest the fact that I am getting married. Come I will show you something. "They stood upstairs and Chakor said pointing towards them,Can you see them?All are so happy. I would have refused for marriage on the very first day but I can't make them sad. They love us a lot. I may be compromising with myself but I know my happiness lies in their happiness.
Suraj,What about me? You have to spend your life with me. Will you be happy with me.
Chakor smilingly said, I heard you mould people according to you.
Suraj, Yes I do. But when they love me.I can't force myself on them.
Chakor,I hope that love will fill the gap between us one day. And both exchanged a smile and went to sit with their families.
Finally the day arrived, their marriage was performed at Chakor's house. Everyone was very delighted at this. They both went to court to give their wedding a legal proof.In evening,Suraj was to leave for Delhi as he was to take up his office next day.So ,our sukor left for Delhi with Arhaan.Arhaan was a bit wise in this.He arranged everything for both as per the instructions given by Shashwat.
Suraj gave Chakor the keys of the apartment and went for his so called personal work'.When Chakor entered his or more particularly their apartment,she was completely lost.
It was decorated with rose petals all around.The apartment had a big hall with a sofa set and two couches.There was a TV on one of the wall while other had Suraj's pictures on it.There was a kitchen, a study room and a bbedroom. Thebedroom was decorated with candles, rose petals, beautiful lights. The room was very beautiful. But Chakor was very nervous. Butterflies were fluttering in her stomach. She took a glass of water and sat on one corner of the bed resting her head backwards to wash off the tiredness that was caused by all wedding rituals.
Half an hour later, Suraj came. He opened the apartment using his spare keys. When he entered the bedroom, he found Chakor sleeping in her sitting position. Her hairs were scattered on her face blowing back and forth due to wind coming in from window. Her dress was covering almost whole of the bed. Suraj went near her, took out some box from his blazer pocket, opened it and took out a pair of diamond studded bangles with small stars tingling in it.He sat near her taking care not to disturb her sleep. He took her hands and made her wear the bangles. Actually he brought these bangles as his first gift for Chakor.He selected these after a great deal of discussion with his mother.And finally this was the result.He didn't know whether she would like his gift or not but he was sure that anything would suit her hands.
He then made her lie down comfortably on the bed and pulled up the blanket without disturbing her sleep. Then he changed his formals into his a simple lower t shirt and went to sleep on other side of the bed.
Next day, In the morning, Suraj wakes up to find Chakor missing from her place. He went to the hall and found her in the kitchen in her new clothes and wet hairs. He could easily make out that she has taken shower. He looked at the wall clock only to find the clock strucked 6:00 am.He found Chakor preparing coffee for both of them. He came to her and asked, "Don'tthink you woke up too early.
Chakor, Good morning,Suraj.Actually I am in habit.
Suraj, By the way, you would have told me. I would have made it.
Chakor, As per my information, I am your wife. You are not my wife. Amusingly.
Coffee was ready. Both came in the hall and settled on the couch to have it.
Chakor, By the way, when did you come yesterday.
Suraj,I must have taken half an hour. That's it.
Chakor nodded in yes. Suraj then said what he wanted to say last night, Chakor! I wanted to tell you something. "She nodded signaling to carry on. Suraj continued, "Till the time you are not over with your interview, you don't need to spend your time doing the household work. You will only concentrate on your studies and nothing else. I too promise you that I won't involve in you much so that you can maintain your focus.
Chakor was taken aback. He was so flirtatious and now when he has full rights on her, he is promising to maintain a distance. Was he aware of her feelings. When in the morning, she woke up, she saw Suraj lying beside her. She was a bit shocked that he didn't wake her up last night. She was completely engrossed in her wonderland when she noticed those bangles in her hands. She liked them a lot. She was amazed seeing that her husband has such a beautiful choice.
Presently, she could see him searching her hands which were hidden in her dupatta. She noticed him and said, "Are you searching something.
Suraj, no nothing
Chakor, By the way, your choice is very good. Revealing her hands to him which were adorned with his beautiful present. Suraj when saw her smiling because of his gift, filled up with joy. He too returned a smile. The start of their ARRANGED' marriage was really beautiful and they loved the warmth of this new relationship.