CHAPTER 34

Like Suraj was, kind and selfless, he thought the whole world is like him. He knew that world isn't that pleasant as it looks, but he trusted his ability to judge a person. But this time he was wrong. He was wrong about Nitibha.
Chakor's intuitions were right. Nitibha was here for no good. She liked Suraj. And it all happened after she met Suraj for the first time. It was a disaster when she came to know he's married. But she didn't stop trying on him. Thanks to Chakor, because of her insecurities for the first time, Suraj transferred her, but this time, she was back again thinking Chakor no more lives with him. She could make a one time approach, and then Suraj will have no option left. In order to hide it from everyone, he himself will act accordingly. However, she knew Suraj is not an easy target. He was living away from Chakor, but he was never away from her. Nitibha had no one in her life, she was an orphan. But Suraj never made her feel that. He would treat her like friend. He would help her always. He would respect her. So her liking for him, was justified from her point of view.

Chakor woke up next morning only to find herself cuddled up in Suraj. It was early in the morning 4 am. She looked at him, sleeping peacefully, a adorable smile on his face as he breathed in and out in his sleep. Chakor's love for him knew no bounds. She also doubted that she may be wrong in judging Nitibha, but there was something that never lets her think rationally about her. Now when she was away from him, it threatened her more. She trusts him, but not anyone else.
She adjusted herself a bit in his arms, kissed his forehead.
"Suraj! You mean everything to me! I cannot even imagine losing you. And I do think this girl isn't good. Plus you lied to me. I don't want to affect your professional life. But I don't want your professional life to affect us personally.", She said to him, thinking that he won't listen to her. But she was wrong. He woke up the moment she moved a bit in his arms. And to her doubts he replied, "I won't let it do Chakor!"
Startling Chakor as she opens her eyes to find him wide awake.
She moves to turn but he cages her tightly.
"Chakor! I understand you...and just to not disturb your work there, I hid it... believe me, I had no intention of hurting you. I didn't talk to you on phone properly... because it disturbs me while I lie to you!"
Chakor sighed. She can understand him.
"I will transfer Nitibha today only...just wait!"
And Chakor turned instantly to face him, "Are you mad Suraj! Is this the professionalism you talk about. You will transfer her, just because I don't like her. Please if you love me a bit, don't do this. Last time, I didn't feel I have so much right on you to stop you, but now I do.", She said.
Chakor was way too mature to think about everyone. If there was a 1 percent chance, that she's wrong, she'll regret for her behavior later. She doesn't want to be tagged as a culprit in someone's life! Especially when that person is socially below her..
And Suraj was now in a difficult situation. Chakor was angry, but he couldn't do anything to persuade her! She stopped him from transferring Nitibha and if he did this, it would anger her more.
Chakor moved out of his arms, to get ready for her daily routine. Suraj had called Arhaan and came to know that Chakor will stay till evening. So to get time, he called Nitibha to adjust his schedule.
He was getting out of his bed, just when Nitibha entered his room, "Suraj sir! Please wake up...it's time!"
No wonder Chakor came out the right time spotting Nitibha, in his room. It's good as a care taker, but no one barges in the room, this early in the morning.
Chakor in a second, went out of the room! And Suraj glared at Nitibha, finding the situation worsening!
"Nitibha! What the hell is this!? I said I want time today? Can't you see Chakor's here!?", seeing this he too left to go to Chakor.

Nitibha was raged at this. Suraj never shouts on her! This was the first time he did, for Chakor!

When Suraj went to Chakor, he saw her preparing coffee. She came to him, with the coffee and handed him that. Suraj expected a outraged Chakor, but she was calm.
Suraj, "Chakor... actually...!"
Chakor, "Suraj! We are meeting after two months...let's not spoil it. We can fight later on!"
Suraj smiled at her and they both planned a good day.
Going to some famous places in Jaipur, having lunch and his favourite ice- cream...it was time to leave. Suraj half heartedly went to drop her at the airport. When they reached, Suraj stopped the car and turned to her, "Chakor...I know you are hurt! But I never want to lose your trust on me!"
"Don't worry! I trust on you....but just think of me once before you do anything. You mean life to someone!", She said hugging him and giving him a kiss on his cheek.
"Acha Chakor! I am soon going to take a four days leave...and then we'll stay together and see the city, Kolkata together!"
"Okay! I'll wait for you!", They bid good bye's to each other not before Suraj gives her an assuring kiss on her forehead.

After leaving Chakor, Suraj came back to his bunglow. He decided to make a proper set of decisions and not only Nitibha, but he called all his subordinates who came to his bunglow, or anyhow involved in his work.
"No one will ever enter my room!"
"No one will enter my personal space!"
"I am friendly that doesn't mean I don't want space. I need you all to understand that....Thank you!"
"And Nitibha, adjust my schedule in such a way, that I could get a four days leave easily with an extra weekend! And make it fast!",
He said and left from the dining room.
No one was offended except Nitibha. She knew it was for Chakor that Suraj has done this. And now since she was being deprived of what she wanted, her urge to fight for it, increased and she turned up doing something more devastating.
It was Suraj's birthday just one week after Chakor returned. And Chakor was back to Jaipur to surprise him on his birthday. Suraj told her, the guidelines he made for his subordinates, so she knew this time she'll be happy. She called the maid of the house, a sixty years old lady, who was a mother figure to Suraj, to help her silently enter the place and then, to Suraj's room. According to the maid, Suraj went to bed at 10:30 and he must be fast asleep by 12, the time when Chakor was to enter.
However, destiny planned something else. When she got in the room, the cake in her hand fell down seeing the sight before her. Tears gushed out in jet speed. She saw Suraj lying on the bed shirtless, as was his usual habit, after Chakor was Okay with it. And NITIBHA sleeping beside him, in a night dress holding his hand, as his hand rested on her neck.
The maid didn't enter thinking a husband-wife must have their private time together. But the scenario was different.
After almost half an hour, Chakor came out of the room, tear stained, dress spoiled with cake. She came here with a bag because she was transferred and got a seven days leave. She instantly picked it up and went away leaving the maid wondering over why she left in such a vulnerable condition.