CHAPTER 28

After two days from now, Chakor is to take oath, as an IAS officer..None on this Earth was happier than Suraj! It was their last day in the training institute. And the best part was, that after two days, that is the oath day, Sukor will be completing one year of marriage. It will be their first anniversary. Family had lots of plans and they had some private plans also.

Suraj took the permission and he left with Chakor to travel around the best places of Shillong. So they both left in a car.

It was a beautiful morning and both were planning something special. Suraj planned to visit an animal sanctuary (typical sukor), have lunch, do shopping, then something Chakor didn't tell him, then dinner and then back to Campus.

In the car,
Suraj, "Chakor! Tell me where will you take me??"
Chakor, "It's the 50th time I am saying no to you! And remember if you keep on irritating I'll cancel my plan!"
Suraj, "Is it a surprise for me!?"
Chakor, "Not exactly! But if I tell you that where I want to go, you'll not take me...so better not tell you!"
Suraj, "Okay! Okay! By the way, tell me how was the sanctuary idea!?"
Chakor, "Suraj! That's definitely a good idea... Keeping in mind that we both have interest in animals...but don't tell me later that I am unromantic!"
Suraj, "Silly girl! I am taking you to a sanctuary because there are huge and long bushes and trees! And we can do romance freely!" , leaving a "oh-shit" expression on Chakor's face, he continued, "Any civilized place like a date spot, park, restaurant won't fit a couple like us! Our places are zoo, sanctuaries, forests, cliffs etc."
And they both started laughing!

Not much has changed between them, from the trekking time, except that they were more comfortable with each other. Chakor kissed him, or precisely touched his lips with hers. Since then, there was no morning when Suraj didn't challenge her that he will kiss her back before night! But he use to lose everyday for some reason or the other. However, Chakor knew the real reason for him losing daily. And that was he intentionally left, if he saw some disturbance or hesitation in Chakor. Even if he did not see so, it seemed he was waiting for an appropriate time.

It so happened, that after the trekking was over, they were back to their hotel rooms. However, Suraj had a injury on his knee which clotted because of cold there. And now it was paining severely. Chakor made him sit on the bed after he changed his clothes, and brought some warm water to soak his knee with. She sat near his legs and dipped a cloth in the water and rubbed it on his wound. Suraj hissed in pain and grabbed her shoulder tightly. She could feel his pain. After the aid, she made him lie down on the bed, and sat near him to lighten up his mood.
To make him forget his pain, she started talking to him.
Chakor, "Suraj! Tell me where are we going after training. Delhi or Lucknow!"
Suraj, "Delhi because our family wants to celebrate our first marriage anniversary in a grand way, because they couldn't give a grand reception at the time of our marriage."
Chakor, "Oh! So what about us!"
Suraj, "What us!? Celebration is for us only..."
Chakor, "No!No...I mean you said before, that we'll soon have some special celebration!"
Suraj in a naughty way, "Madam! What Special celebration do you want..!?..I have already prepared for what I have to do...but nothing special!"
Chakor somewhat getting where he wants to hint, "See! Don't use your gutter mind! I am saying.......(trying to make out something).... celebration for me becoming an IAS officer!!", folding her hands as if successfully covering up!
Suraj, "Not celebration but a reward I have for you!"
Chakor excited, "What seriously!? What is it!?"
And seeing her excitement, he pulled her by her waist and she was now over him, unwantedly trying to get herself out of his hold.
Suraj, "want your reward, let's say rewards!?"
Chakor, "Suraj....you are so..!" and she couldn't speak as he kissed her forehead...then left eye...then right eye...then left cheek...then right cheek.... Chakor was completely red by now. And she gulped thinking about what was coming next, probably a kiss on her lips...and closed her eyes tightly. She could feel his breath near her lips....but soon her reverie was broken when he said, "Your biggest reward on special occasion!"
And to this, she hit him hard on his chest leaving him saying, "ouch!" and retreating back from his embrace!
Chakor, "Take rest! I will ask the warden to bring some ointment for you!"
Suraj, "My ointment are your lips!" earning another kick from her, as she smilingly goes to washroom to change.

Presently, they reached the Animal sanctuary. A female guide welcomed them. Suraj returned a smile and Chakor a frown, seeing him smile. Out of pure jealousy, she held his arms tight, showing off that he isn't her boyfriend but husband. And any ugly girl has no chance on him! She made sure they walk at a distance of two metres from her specially Suraj.
Suraj smiled at her antiques and enjoyed the moment.

After some time, Suraj hired a Jeep to see through the sanctuary and didn't took the guide with them, overwhelming Chakor.
Suraj, "Happy now!?"
Chakor, "Very happy!"
Suraj, "So what about our plans for romancing behind the bushes!"
Chakor, "And your gutter mind is on work again!!"
Suraj, "Yes obviously!! You don't let it work with other ladies. You don't allow it to work on you even! I am literally jobless!"
Chakor, "You better be jobless! And on me it's okay...but if you drool over others, I'll kill you!"
Suraj, "Repeat again...on you it's okay!?"
And Chakor held her head regretting on what she uttered now.

After the sanctuary, they moved to a restaurant to have lunch. Almost one year ago, they met for a lunch because their parents forced to. Having drastically different tastes, they ordered complete different things. One ordered Chinese, another Italian! And now time changed things to such an extent, that both ordered the same food! Love morphs not just a relation but two individuals also. And Suraj smiled thinking this.

After the lunch, they went for shopping buying various things for their parents, themselves, Shashwat.

And now it was Chakor's place. After the shopping, as they reached to the car in the parking lot, Chakor asked Suraj for the Car keys, "Now my turn!"
Suraj, "No I'll drive! You just tell me where we have to go...."
Chakor, "Okay! You drive...but I'll not talk to you!"
Suraj left with no option, gave her the keys and she was driving. After traveling for almost twenty minutes, they reached a place that was completely secluded, with mountains all over. They were standing on a cliff!
Suraj, "Chakor...are you throwing me from here!?", amused at her choice.
Chakor offended, "Stop talking rubbish!"
Suraj, "Chakor what kind of place is this!? First of all so dangerous, secondly no one is here! Let's go!" and he started to move back to the car.
As he was going back, he heard Chakor saying, "Suraj!!", in a loud voice!
Suraj turned and saw her standing with her arms stretched facing opposite, her hair flying with the breeze and her shrug waving with the air.
"I LOVE YOU SURAJ!" and as she says this loudly, her voice echoed in all directions, and all Suraj could hear was....I LOVE YOU SURAJ...I LOVE YOU SURAJ...I LOVE YOU SURAJ...I LOVE YOU SURAJ...I LOVE YOU SURAJ............. slowly fainting and then dying out....
It seemed as if all the mountains were repeating what Chakor said assuring him again and again, that, "Yes! You heard it right!".
As his reverie broke, he saw Chakor smiling at him. He in one second pulled her to him and hugged her tight replying her, I LOVE YOU TOO CHAKOR!
She hugged him back...with all her might.
After a long hug, Chakor retreated a little, still holding him, "So this is my official confession! Now don't say, that I don't speak out. Because when I speak, everyone and everything starts repeating it!" making Suraj smile.
Suraj, "On your confession today, can I take a step forward!?" in a deep voice.
Realizing what he just asked for, she nodded her head in a yes, turning red and sinking her face down. And it was then, Suraj held her chin and made her face him. For the first time in one year, kissing her on his lips, claiming her his partially. A deep kiss, that marked the beginning of what, the world calls love. A sign that their love is about to take a next step, to physically mark and achieve each other. For what seemed eternity, they moved apart when short of breath, still holding hands. Suraj kissed her forehead, so as to calm the ecstasy, their first kiss caused in her.