Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts

" I'm here to do the same thing as you, party. So if you'll excuse me" I tried to escape Tommie's grip but he was to strong.

"You hate parties, and whats amatter with your leg? You looked like a wounded duck running over here." He had turned me so I was facing him, and I was trying my best to keep my eyes down.

"I do not hate parties! The only thing I hate is random people questioning me! Now move Tom." I prided his hands off of my sides and turned to walk into the party. I was about to reach for the door knob when he spoke.

"So I'm random now? Gee I thought ten years of friendship meant a little more than that!" He turned around and was walking back to his truck. For the first time I was the one chasing him.

"Tommy I didn't mean it like that. Come on you know what I mean. Where not really on the best terms and then suddenly your in front of me questioning me like you care?" We where stopped in the middle of the street staring at each other.

He ran a hand over his face and said, "You can say a lot of things but you know I have always cared Frenchie. Just because you're mad at me doesn't mean I'm mad at you." Tommy walked towards me and closed the space between us, "I'm never mad at you."

He was to close. I couldn't think with him that close. He was definitely not off the hook though. I had heard about him and a girl named Kennedy. Not that I cared but if he was talking to someone I definitely wasn't going to be the girl to mess things up, "Well you have someone else to care about so..."

He looked angry then, "Frenchie what the hell are you talking about! I'm tired of your fucking head games!"

I pulled off my aviators that I had been wearing because I wanted to scowl at him, "I'm talking about fucking Kennedy! Don't say I'm a head game when you play them yourself! at that point I was pissed.

Tommy groaned under his breath and in one quick step he was holding me in his arms, his lips centimeters from mine. He looked into my eyes and then smashed his lips to mine. I first I tried to resit him and pull away but that plan failed quickly. I got lost in his soft lips. Our lips moved in perfect rhythm and for a second I thought about how often I could do that if we where together.

My head cleared and I finally realized what I was doing and pulled away from him. I was out of breath and dazed by what he just did. Tommy obviously didn't think it was odd because he was still holding me around the waist studying my face.

"Frenchie don't tell me who I care about because every time it'll be the same answer. You. So would you shut up for five seconds and let me talk to you?" I opened my mouth to talk but then shut it quickly and just nodded.

"Frenchie I just want to fucking be with you. Kennedy means nothing, I don't even know where you heard that. If you would just give me the chance to be your best friend like before just with a different title." He was looking at me trying to see what I'd say but really I didn't even know what I was going to say.

I was so confused and angry that he kissed me just to make me be quite. I wanted him for sure but I didn't know if I wanted him this way. In the middle of us fighting and being mad. Or me being mad, but I felt that I had to at least try.

"Frenchie? What are you thinking?" Tommy reached up and tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear.

I toke a shaky deep breath and spoke, "Two conditions Tommy." a grin broke out onto his face.

"Is that a yes?" he looked like I just made world peace.

"... Yes but only a trial period, and the conditions are that one you can't just ditch me for the football team when ever you want."

He smiled weakly, "Got it."

"And second... you have to help me wrap my knee. This shit is killing me." He laughed at that, and pecked my lips.

"I promise French. What did happen to your knee?" Tommy asked giving me a skeptical look.

"She hurt her self in the meet today. You would have known that if you had been there." I turned around and saw it was Robert who had talked. I quickly took a big step back from Tommy and looked sadly at Robert. I didn't want to hurt him.

"Robert I-" I tried to speak but as usual he cut me off.

"Save it Frenchie. Can I have the damn keys so I can go home? You can get a ride with lover boy here can't you?" I didn't want to make things worse so I just toke the keys out of my pocket and held them out to him. Robert took them quickly and without another word go in my car and drove off.

I stood there for a while just staring at where he had disappeared. I didn't mean to hurt anyone especially Robert. I didn't know if the Tommy thing was such a good decision after all.