( thirty-seven )

"Emori! Echo! Little help here?!"

Once Raven changed her mind, making orders in a state of stress, Harley worked as fast as a normal human could. Her head shot up at the sound of Raven shouting, nodding to Emori to leave to give her a hand. She was so focused on working that after a scan of the inside of the rocket, she didn't see Echo anywhere. The grounder hadn't been much help, but Harley was too into her work under Raven's instructions that she hadn't noticed her disappearing. But there wasn't any time to worry, or even search for her, not when the countdown was getting closer to the time they were destined to leave for space.

Harley could hear them panicking in loud voices even from inside the rocket. She frowned, rising as she finished the last seat in place and crawled out of the opening. "As soon as this is tied down, I'm going after Monty," Harper was declaring. She and Emori were holding a large contraption, what Harley assumed was their source of oxygen in the ring. It looked heavy, but she got out of the way so they wouldn't drop it.

"Like hell you are!" Raven argued with her angrily.

Everyone can see the tension on Raven, meaning something wasn't right. "What's wrong?" Harper demanded to know.

It's silent, too heavy for Harley's liking when she sees Raven not answering. "Raven, where are they?" She asked. "They should have been back by now!"

"They'll be fine!" Raven exclaimed, ripping her helmet off. "Everyone has a job to do, do yours!" She commanded before whirling around, circling, trying to find the missing grounder. "Echo, where the hell are you?!"

Despite being stunned with worry, Harley tries to shake it off, trusting Raven's word as she gestures to Emori and Harper who struggled to lift the machine up up the staircase. "Come on, I'll help," she offered, gripping a corner with Emori as they backed up, cautiously making their way into the rocket.

"Hurry, we don't have a lot of time," Emori urged them, backing into the rocket first. Harley lifted the thing above her head, grunting at the heavy weight as they very carefully made it inside. Raven continued to shout for Echo, growing irritated when she received no response.

As soon as the machine they carried inside was tied down perfectly, Harley heard more shouts from outside the lab. "Let's get him downstairs, go!" She shared a knowing look with both Harper and Emori, before they took turns running out of the rocket and down the steps. Harley could have sobbed when she was the last one to step out of the rocket, seeing Monty being carried in between Bellamy and Murphy with his arms draped over their shoulders.

"Thank God, Monty!" Harper grabbed Monty pulling him into a tight hug as did Emori to Murphy. While theirs lasted, Emori stepped to the side just in time for Harley to launch forward, throwing her arms around her brother and whispering in grace that he was alright.

"How are your hands?" Harper asked Monty, tugging on his glove. "Let me see."

"No, leave them on," Raven protested, now in her full space suit Harley could see once she released Murphy. "There's no time, we'll deal with it on The Ark. T-minus five minutes and counting."