( nine )

There was a cold feeling on numbness coursing through Harley's core, one she wasn't always familiar with

There was a cold feeling on numbness coursing through Harley's core, one she wasn't always familiar with. She felt nothing at all, and that alone, was the worst one of them all. She couldn't talk, let alone smile. It was like every ounce of happiness that she had, which had always been a lot, was sucked away. The world wasn't full of sunshine and better days for them. It only took a few loved ones deaths for Harley to realize that. The fact hit her harder as she trudged through the mud, head low and tear stained red cheeks, following the others to Lincoln's cave.

Harley clearly remembered her first run in with Lincoln hadn't been so pleasant. After they invaded his cave on a search for Octavia, he out of fear stabbed Finn in the chest. Then she had to witness him being tortured. Soon after, there was talks about peace when she went to his cave. But the peace was supposed to last. Lincoln did not.

It hasn't stopped raining, despite lighting up a bit. It's only a light sprinkle and not hard enough for Harley's clothes to damp uncomfortably, but her hair is wet, sticking to her skin. The group's entire journey is full of nothing but a heavy silence, except for a few occasional sniffles. As they approach the wide opening of the cave, Harley's boots leave mud and start crunching as she slowly walks over rocks.

Harper and Miller, guns held up, entered first. Harley followed after, hearing a clink of chains, and lifting her head. Bellamy is the cause of it, rising to his feet and studying the dull expressions plastered on their faces. She swallows the lump in her throat, tearing her eyes away from his and stepping to the side. The surviving prisoners, Sinclair and Kane enter, before finally, Octavia.

Observing Bellamy again as he stared outside, waiting, Harley watched as his expression turns into a mix of confusion and distress when coming to the realization that no one else was there. "Where's Lincoln?" He questioned, staring to the back of his sister's head.

Shaking her head, Harley reaches up, brushing the stray wet hairs off her forehead. She feels sick of the mention of his name. Octavia rips off her jacket, exposing her grounder shoulder tattoo as she sucked in a deep breath before replying. "Pike put a bullet in his brain." Her tone is cold, but Harley saw the way her head bows and she fights back sobs, her body trembling.

Shocked by the newfound loss, Bellamy took a hesitant step forward to her. "O..." He whispers. "O, I am so sorry-"

No one sees it coming. One second is full of Bellamy apologizing, and the next, he's being cut off by Octavia whirling around and punching her brother hard across the face. Harley's jaw drops at the action, letting out a stunned cry of her name. "Octavia!" Bellamy may have been at fault, but this wasn't how you grieve.

But Octavia doesn't flinch at her name. She stared down angrily at her brother, panting, as he slowly looked back up. As soon as their eyes meet, she hits him. Harley tearfully watches as she does it for a third time, nearly knocking Bellamy over, but he doesn't fight back or try to defend himself. Instead, when Kane steps forward and says; "Octavia, that's enough", Bellamy denies him.